Recover Draft

Hello: 

Had a listing in my draft folder that I had been working on, Now it's disappeared, I don't believe it was deleted accidently, but it could have been stale as I had been working on it last month and forgot about it. Does Ebay delete or archive drafts?

Is there any way to recover a deleted/archived draft?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Recover Draft

Drafts disappear ( I believe after 30 days unless edited or worked on in some way).  I have found that pictures of draft listings will disappear after 2 weeks...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Recover Draft

Called Ebay and they said there was no record of the draft. Sigh.... Good to know about the 30 day limit. Next time will just change a word and save, but am pretty sure I did so two weeks ago.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Recover Draft

I do not think editing and changing something then saving extends the original 30 days.  I could be wrong. Never trusted drafts, always something goes wrong the longer you have a draft. Pictures disappear too.

I always used the schedule listing to hold my listing i am working on. Just schedule the listing in progress 20 days in the future (max 21 days) and list. Then complete the listing as soon as you can. If you need more time reschedule later in the future.  Scheduled listings are free for non-store and 10 cents for a store. But the fee is only charged if ebay starts the listing at the scheduled time. When ready to list, revise the listing and change start time to start immediately, no fee.

Just don’t forget you have scheduled listing because they will start and could be issues if sold and listing incomplete!

Using scheduled listing is an old trick from years ago and was the only way to hold listing when using ebay online Sell Your Item tool back then. 

Another way with the New listing tool is to save a listing in progress as a template. It has a limit of 10 templates. A bit tricky to work with until you know how templates work. I have saved listing in progress this way too.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Recover Draft

I have saved listings for several months in draft mode, just by continually going through the "complete draft" and  then "Save as draft", but pictures will disappear unless this process is undertaken every couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply