Remove automatic payment method

If I choose to remove my automatic payment method, in this case, Paypal from my eBay account, will I still get the funds that are on hold in my Paypal account that are from a recent sell I made on here? Not sure how connected eBay and Paypal are during the holding of the payment process. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What would you replace it with?

As I recall, you must have an electronically viewable payment method attached to your eBay account to be allowed to sell.

Even if you are only selling as "cash on local pickup".

I'm not sure that sellers with merchant credit card accounts are allowed to use those either any more.

But Paypal and eBay are now separate companies. The money in your account from any source, eBay, Ruby Lane, your birthday money from nana, a private sale, will be available as soon as eBay releases the Hold.

EBay is in the process of moving sellers to their own Managed Payments program, which charges more and holds money longer. There are comments about it on the US Boards. So far it has only been introduced on the US and German Boards.

FWIW, before we closed our B&M store we took eBay payments through our own cc account or through PP.

Even our local customers, who knew the staff by name, preferred to use PP over giving their card number when buying online.  Not just on eBay, by the way, also in our public/online auction and on phone orders from our newsletter, as well as other hobby sites.

Minor detail. "Sell" is a verb. The noun is "sale".

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Umm-  sorry.

The eBay Hold would not effect any other money that might be deposited in your PP account from another source.

However, if you owe eBay money and other funds are deposited, the amount owing to eBay (or any other ) may take precedence over being able to transfer that money from your PP account to your bank.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply