Removing Operating System from Listing Description

How can I remove the Operating System from a listing before I post it? The laptop I'm trying to sell doesn't come with an OS and I never specified an OS.

Below is a preview of the listing:

remove.PNG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I managed to solve it by changing my product category and selecting "Continue to the listing form".

Turns out of you make your product listing to a similar item, you won't be able to select certain options such as operating system. Very strange.

thiss.PNG

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I never have to use the ebay catalogue but can you not bypass using it and then enter the information yourself?  I didn't know that a cpu would ever come without an operating system so I would mention that in the title as well so that buyers know exactly what they would be getting.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree completely with 'pj'.  

Since most buyers would expect that a computer will have an OS loaded (except perhaps someone buying parts to build their own system) , I'd make sure you make it absolutely clear -- in a very obvious and visible place in your listing -- that there is no OS in the unit.  

Just removing it from the item specifics isn't enough.  You'll find yourself with a great big problem if someone purchases it thinking they're getting a functional computer.  Definitely put it in the title, and maybe also in large bold letters at the very top of the listing description.  Otherwise, this is a recipe for grief. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If I was to say install a different Operating System such as Linux, there's still no way I can find to change the listing from Windows 7. And yes, people sell computers without an OS, even Dell no longer will ship OS discs only a recovery partition. It still has the Windows serial key on the bottom of the laptop but I don't want to be misleading saying it comes with W7.

Look at this post for example - they somehow managed to specify no operating system: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-R61-15-4-T7100-1-80-Ghz-2Gb-RAM-80-Gb-HDD-WXGA-DVDRW-NO-OS-/3...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I managed to solve it by changing my product category and selecting "Continue to the listing form".

Turns out of you make your product listing to a similar item, you won't be able to select certain options such as operating system. Very strange.

thiss.PNG

Message 5 of 5
latest reply