Resend Invoice option unavailable on multiple purchases?

Hi...So I sent an invoice out on a multiple purchase with an error in it. When I went to resend the invoice, the option was not there in the drop-down menu. The only option that was there was 'Uncombine Invoice'....?  What happened to the 'Resend invoice' option? You should be able to resend an invoice or I can see that leading to some problems. Thanks in advance for a reply.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You have to uncombine the invoice (unless it has been paid), then you can send a new one.

What was the error on the one you sent and has it been paid? If so, you will have a problem.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@towertreasuretrove wrote:

Hi...So I sent an invoice out on a multiple purchase with an error in it. When I went to resend the invoice, the option was not there in the drop-down menu. The only option that was there was 'Uncombine Invoice'....?  What happened to the 'Resend invoice' option? You should be able to resend an invoice or I can see that leading to some problems. Thanks in advance for a reply.

Cheers.

You're right -- that "Resend Invoice" option seems to have disappeared quite some time ago, and it does create a problem.   

As 'dutchman' suggests, if you try the "Uncombine Invoice" option you may be able to start over, but I'm not 100% certain about this. 

The last time I had to revise an invoice, I simply sent a personal message to my buyer telling them what the proper total should have been, then made sure to mark the transaction "paid" on eBay once the buyer paid the revised amount.  There is also the back-door alternative of sending an invoice through Paypal so that at least your records are correct and the buyer has a record in their own Paypal transaction details (assuming they paid via Paypal).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

As 'dutchman' suggests, if you try the "Uncombine Invoice" option you may be able to start over, but I'm not 100% certain about this. 

Use this frequently and it generally works fine. The only gotcha here is if you have an item on the invoice to be "uncombined" with an older initial order date you may not be able to combine it again with the new items as there is a limitation where an item can only be added to an invoice for up to x number of days after the initial order date.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What was the error on the one you sent and has it been paid? If so, you will have a problem.

If it has been paid, you might be better off just to refund the portion you overcharged.

Cancelling and sending a new invoice if paid,  may also give you defects.

If not paid, the uncombining should work

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@towertreasuretrove wrote:

Lol....it could be asking too much, as well! But in this case it was a shipping discount i forgot to apply...

Yes, I agree with 'dutchman', I think the simplest thing would be to make a partial refund.  

Even if the buyer hasn't paid, you can message them to say you'll apply the discount as a refund immediately upon payment.  That's probably easier than grappling with eBay's flawed invoice system.  If I were a buyer, I'd be happy to be told I'd get an "after-the-fact" rebate on shipping. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply