Restocking strategy

I've been asking myself for some time what is the best restocking strategy for a listing. 

Is is better to re add quantity, keeping sold history. Or ending and relist as similar, for the new listing boost.  

I like keeping my sold history personally as i think it solidifying perception to next buyers that it's a good purchase. At the same time, i noticed that when i add quantity, it's often very slow for the listing to start working again. Like the algorythm on the listing is dead. And i can't be sure if it's just the demand. 

Any thoughts on that. What's the best strategy to drive the algorythm and sell better, when restocking? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Restocking strategy

My sales have been slow for the past while, 1-2 sales a day.  I presently have about 8000 listings. Last Friday I ended 1000 listing that were to end and be automatically relisted in the next day or so. Then relisted them using the sell similar method. Sold over a dozen items the next day. Coincidence? Sales back down to slow agian now. I'm going to try this again tomorrow morning, see if it happens again.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Restocking strategy

If you have recent sales history, I think that it is best to add inventory to the current listing. Recent sales often bring more visibility.

If you have been oos for a while (a month or more?)  it might be better to end the listing and start a new one. A 'stale' listing likely gets less visibility than a new one.  That's how I understand it to work. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply