Returns or Refunds

rszmc
Community Member

I find that International buyers are now claiming non-delivery of items shipped, because tracking is not available for international shipments.  If I post clearly that will not be responsible for untraceable shipments, will Ebay still hold me responsible for International buyers claims of undelivered items?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Returns or Refunds

@rszmc wrote:

I find that International buyers are now claiming non-delivery of items shipped, because tracking is not available for international shipments.  If I post clearly that will not be responsible for untraceable shipments, will Ebay still hold me responsible for International buyers claims of undelivered items?

Still responsible.

No tracking, then Item-Not-Received (INR) claims will be settled in favour of the buyer.

If it's a worry for you then either (a) use a tracked service for international, (b) use Canada Post small packet air and buy third party insurance or (c) stop selling internationally.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Returns or Refunds

You cannot claim in your Item Description terms of sale that violate ebay and paypals's own Users Agreements,.

No tracking means no proof of delivery which means you automatically lose any Item Not Received case. That's just the way it is. If you sell in a low-fraud category, you might decide it's well worth it to take the risk of shipping your items cheaply and without tracking, or you might not. If you sell items of high value that you cannot either afford to lose or send doubles, use tracking. Always. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Returns or Refunds

Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG YEP!!  To ship your items with tracking will protect yourself.  It seems that we are starting to have more and more buyers thinking they can get away by claiming they never received their items and get the refund and get to keep the items at the same time.  Sad but it is becoming a reality trend on eBay nowadays.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply