SELLING COSTS

my selling costs as per the circle on my main page for selling is always at  26% to 27 % most months -- but as of this week it is dropped to 19 % -- for no apparent reason -- i have been in the boo box with ebay since oct 22 again no promo listing allowed and usually when this  happens it goes up to 28 to 29 percent cost factor ---

has anyone a idea what is happening -- it is a welcome releaf  for sure -- having to pay ebay almost a third to sell here  and then the store costs -- most months it very close to the other months  -- but the reason is what iam trying to find out they never do anything without a reason- thats what got me worried 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

SELLING COSTS

You seem to be saying you were Below Standard and/or had a Seller Metrics problem.

For bad Seller Metrics (INR, NAD claims) the penalties are sometimes by Category not across the board.

We can't see the details of your transaction so can't say for sure, you should be able to see the details in your Seller Dashboard.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

SELLING COSTS

Not being able to use Promoted Listing may mean fewer sales, but also means lower fees on the sales you do make.

And be careful that you put the flat 30c transaction fee separately from the percentage based FVF. It'sno biggie with a $100 sale, but noticeable on a $10 sale.

Apparently we get a tiny boost in Search when we sell a Specific Thing*, so if you are getting sales of Specific Things you could try listing more of those Specific Things.

Have you changed any policies that might have been contributing to your restrictions?

Those statistics are not for October, they are for the last 30 days. Which happen to be all in October, but last week covered parts of September and parts of October.

Anyway,  what a relief! Have a busy November!

*EG - purple sparkle deely-boppers. Sell one and see more sales of purple sparkle deely-boppers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply