Sales Tax Message on Shipping Tab...MIA?

Am I blind? Was I dreaming? I seem to think that eBay was inserting a sales tax message on the shipping and payments tab (same line as handling time) of our listings (presuming you charge sales tax of course).

I'm not seeing it, not on my listings (none active today) and I can't seem to find any other Canadian sellers that show the message including ones that clearly do charge tax to Canadian buyers.

My Canadian buyers are being charged GST/HST when they go through checkout so at least that part is working.

I was also able to find US Sellers whose listings show the tax message when viewed on .com and .ca even though they only charge tax in a a single US state.

Although I include a tax message in my Description/TOS it really should be showing on the payments tab where buyers would expect it to be.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As far as I can tell it's is showing up on my listings. See attached
Sales Tax.jpg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When I click on view listings I don't see any listings for you but I do see the sales tax message in the shipping section on your recently completed ones
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

OK it's very weird!

First off I'm seeing the same thing in FireFox and Chrome so it does not appear to be a browser issue.

On this recped id when I'm signed in as recped I don't see the tax message, if I sign in under a different id then I do see the message.

On a different id I see the tax message on that id's current listings regardless if I'm logged in on that id or not.

When logged in under the recped id I don't see the tax message on ANY listings, my own, my other id or anyone else (except for US Sellers).

The important thing is that buyers can see it (if they look).

I noticed this because for the first time in years I've got a Canadian buyer who isn't enjoying the taxes and I thought I would double check to make sure they were indicated in the listing.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply