Seller Bug with combined items shipping and "Print Shipping Label"

Hello,

This bug has been happening for months. After snagging me twice this week, I need to post it somewhere in the hopes that Dev can address it. I believe this is an eBay issue and not Shippo.

Steps to reproduce:

- Buyer buys Item 1.

- Same Buyer buys Item 2.

- I send an invoice for both items and combine the shipping. (No problems so far)

- Buyer pays. (No problem)

- Under Manage All Orders, click "Print Shipping Label". An error occurs.

- The eBay URL here references: ".../gslblui/partnerRedirect"

A giant red message appears:

"An issue occurred and we were unable to create your shipping label. If ebay charged your account, we will automatically issue a refund."

(I don't think I need to get into how useless this message is to a non-computer savvy person and the fact that your error message doesn't capitalize eBay properly...)

After this error, you can't do anything in eBay to print it. So I went into Shippo directly. Thankfully it did see my latest order and it was combined properly so I moved through Shippo without issue. On my previous combined attempt, it did not appear in Shippo so I had to use Canada Post website to enter the address and everything else which took quite a long time.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

FWIW - Paypal offers the same discounts (but not the same non-postal shippers) as Shippo and unlike SnapShip is integrated with eBay.

Just don't use NetParcel.

They sign you up for a monthly subscription without telling you and charge you for it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I don't use PayPal much with eBay because they force printing the cost of the shipment on the upper corner of the label and I don't need buyers wondering why the cost they see printed is lower than what they paid because they don't understand fees.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This happens to me often as well so now I just go directly to PayPal and print my labels.  FYI in your PayPal shipping label settings you are able to turn off the postage cost showing in your shipping labels if you want to.  I have chosen to have it turned on because I discount my shipping costs to my buyers and I want them to be able to see that.  I did this a long time ago and can't remember exactly how I did it but I do remember I discovered this from the help section on the PayPal site. Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

FYI in your PayPal shipping label settings you are able to turn off the postage cost showing in your shipping labels if you want to.  I have chosen to have it turned on because I discount my shipping costs to my buyers and I want them to be able to see that.  I did this a long time ago and can't remember exactly how I did it but I do remember I discovered this from the help section on the PayPal site. Hope this helps. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

This happens to me often as well so now I just go directly to PayPal and print my labels.  FYI in your PayPal shipping label settings you are able to turn off the postage cost showing in your shipping labels if you want to.  I have chosen to have it turned on because I discount my shipping costs to my buyers and I want them to be able to see that.  I did this a long time ago and can't remember exactly how I did it but I do remember I discovered this from the help section on the PayPal site. Hope this helps. 

I do believe the option to turn on/off showing postage cost on label did not work anymore about 5+ years ago.

I believe also believe the option is turned on for labels outside of Canada because it is a requirement for customs. Some countries charge duty and taxes on the shipping cost also.

For items shipped within Canada, perhaps the shipping cost can be turned on and off.

Can someone check if what I remember is true?

What about other shipping label tools like Canada Post EST, Snap Ship, Shippo? Please check if applicable to domestic and or USA and or other International countries.

Is the option for all Canada Post shipping services (Small Packet, Tracked Packet, Expedited Parcel, Regular Parcel, etcetera) or just some?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As for the bug:

I sign in directly to goShippo.com since I do not trust the ebay link.

As for the postage cost showing on the shipping label.

My observations:

PayPal - always on, and it shows the Canada Post counter rate, not the discounted rate that you actually paid.

Shippo - always off (small packet, tracked packet, expedited parcel)

Canada Post Snap Ship - rates are not displayed

Canada Post EST - I forget whether you have a choice of rates displaying or not

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is still happening months later. Will this ever get fixed?

I see no one from eBay has even acknowledged this bug (and yes, this is a bug).

Attached below is the red text error image.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I get this error too.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply