Seller's Protection Plan

In the hockey card business on eBay, the first card listed generally gets the best price.  I listed a card that no one else had listed before.  It sold for a few cents short of $49.

The seller never paid.  It took a while before I could close the case and relist the card.  By then, it was no longer "the first one".  It just resold for $40.  Because of a deadbeat buyer, I am out nine bucks on my sale. 

I would think that eBay should have a "seller protection plan" that would protect us sellers from some of eBay's unreliable sellers.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller's Protection Plan

OOPS!  Should have said unreliable buyers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Seller's Protection Plan

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you filed an unpaid item dispute against this buyer?  If not, why not?

Once this buyer accumulates enough strikes on their account for non-payment, they'll be restricted or booted.  Isn't that the "protection" you're seeking?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Seller's Protection Plan

Of course I filed a claim.  I got to keep my card.  The buyer (I use the term loosely) got a strike.  Big deal.  I still get shafted on the sale.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Seller's Protection Plan

marnotom!
Community Member

News flash:  Selling involves taking a few risks if you want to be successful at it, and not all sales will work out to a seller's advantage.

If this sort of thing happens to you rarely, you're probably doing a lot that's right.

If this sort of thing happnes to you a lot, you're probably doing a lot that's wrong.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply