Selling/Shipping Internationally

Hello :

Fairly new to selling on EBay. Right now I am limiting my sales to Canada and the US. Wanted to expand to International but looking for some advice when it comes to shipping. As I understand it without a tracking mechanism I am open to dishonest buyers and a host of other problems, but the tracking shipping options at least from Canada Post are very costly for any International buyer. The difference between Small Packet International Air and Tracked Packet International is almost 5X expensive. Seems a bit ridiculous as to the price difference

If I was selling low value items it would probably be worth the risk of a no tracking shipping option. I guess it all depends on how much one is willing to risk, but curious to others opinions or suggestions.

Cheers

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Selling/Shipping Internationally

When clicking the button that item has shipped does it send a email/message to the buyer to let them know the item has shipped or should I be sending them a message.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Yes. 

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

When clicking the button that item has shipped does it send a email/message to the buyer to let them know the item has shipped or should I be sending them a message.

Buyer is notified when you click depending on the eBay notification preferences the buyer has set (default is yes).

An email will be separate. I usually only send one when (a) the estimated eBay delivery time and reality don't match (Australia is high on the list) or (b) there is something additional to mention about the package or (c) they requested a message in the payment comments.

-..-

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

As the others have said, it will happen automatically but you can still send a message if you want.  I always send the buyer a short friendly message immediately AFTER  I get home from mailing it to let them know it is on its way.  It also sets the tone for friendly relations and I believe that it reduces the temptation for thieves but that could be just my imagination.  

Message 44 of 44
latest reply