Send Offer Eligible

How does send offer eligible work? Does a buyer have to watch an item to fall into that category. Why do many buyers just watch...but never respond to the offers?

Very odd.

Thanks,
Jake LS@thego2corner
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Send Offer Eligible

Watchers watch.

Buyers buy.

The watcher may be a competitor keeping an eye on the current market.

The watcher may be dreaming of the day his 649 ticket is the winner.

The watcher may have added your item to compare with a few others, one of which he actually already bought.

The watcher may be a previous customer who is using the Watch List so he can re-order in future. (I have at least three items on my list which I intend to buy in a couple of years when the first one wears out.)

An offer to any of those could be ignored- you'd be amazed at how many offer I get every day from Zulily (where I have bought) and PoshMark(where I have never bought).

Our offers are lost in the junk mail advertising.

Or the watcher may be interested and willing to buy, but not quite able to meet your price.

This is the only watcher who might respond to your Offer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Send Offer Eligible

The offers are available to those who are watching your item.  I send out hundreds of offers every month & only a very small percentage buys. It could be just other sellers watching to see what the item sells for.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Send Offer Eligible

Watchers watch.

Buyers buy.

The watcher may be a competitor keeping an eye on the current market.

The watcher may be dreaming of the day his 649 ticket is the winner.

The watcher may have added your item to compare with a few others, one of which he actually already bought.

The watcher may be a previous customer who is using the Watch List so he can re-order in future. (I have at least three items on my list which I intend to buy in a couple of years when the first one wears out.)

An offer to any of those could be ignored- you'd be amazed at how many offer I get every day from Zulily (where I have bought) and PoshMark(where I have never bought).

Our offers are lost in the junk mail advertising.

Or the watcher may be interested and willing to buy, but not quite able to meet your price.

This is the only watcher who might respond to your Offer.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Send Offer Eligible

Thanks for your input!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Send Offer Eligible

I rarely use Offer on items with watchers. The price in the listing is the price.

After 2-3 months I may send an offer. Sometimes I just raise the price 25% and ironically that will generate a sale. I do not know if the watchers bought it or someone else. Don’t care.

Some interested buyers do not use eBay Watch feature. They just bookmark in their browsers. I do that for items I am interested in. Or I make an eBay Saved Search and run it every week or two.

This is my buying ID which I post to these forums.

I have two selling IDs but I am a really small seller with 25-50 items at most on each.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Send Offer Eligible

How does send offer eligible work? Does a buyer have to watch an item to fall into that category

If it's not already said, send offer appears when either someone add to watchlist, have the item in his cart for X days, or show active interest to the listing (i guess repeat clicks). Sometimes i'm just doing researchs about pricing and i randomly receive offers from sellers

Why do many buyers just watch...but never respond to the offers?

Sending offers is not something working good really. Unless you would send 50% discounts i guess... From my experience and from experience i read over time, it works around 5% of the time when sending 5-10% discounts. And i'm not even sure it's that good, i always wondered if this 5% accepting the offers are not people who would have buy full price anyway

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Send Offer Eligible

Thanks. Yeah it is really frustrating to see a new watcher but ultimately the watcher hardly ever snaps at the offer. It does happen rarely. A very annoying feature of ebay in my opinion. I know the intent is good but man, the results are minimal.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply