Sending a wrist band through lettermail (from canada to international / or us)

It goes through the hole since it is small product, I am wondering if I am allowed to send this wrist band to international or to USA through lettermail? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Sending a wrist band through lettermail (from canada to international / or us)

The rules specify that goods cannot be shipped outside Canada using LetterPost.

You can use Small Packet or Small Packet Light for that purpose.

You can use Lettermail within Canada only.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Sending a wrist band through lettermail (from canada to international / or us)

That is so weird, because I went to the postal office and asked a couple of times.. they said it was fine? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Most postal clerks do not care (or do not know).

Check the Canada Post website for more official information.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Put stamps on it and drop in a mailbox, no customs form required......problem solved!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

That will work fine as nobody ever opens an envelope.

Now, if you want the "official" rules from Canada Post:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGletpost-e.asp#1378497

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

What both of them said. Lettermail is for paper. Light packet is for "other". Wrap it good, flatten it, make sure it fits through the slot, what Rep said.

Your choice.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Lettermail is for paper. Light packet is for "other".

Sort of. If you sold a document on ebay and then sent it to the U.S., it is considered 'goods/merchandise' so technically

it shouldn't be sent by lettermail. In reality, I'm sure that many 'goods' are sent internationally using lettermail rather than

light packet. There is the chance that it could be sent back to you for postage due but if that does happen, I don't think that it happens often.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Lettermail is for paper

Watch your language now, Mr Elmwood.

Canada Post Lettermail is for domestic use only and may contain material other than paper.

The equivalent for outside Canada is Letter-post, which may contain only "paper-based products" - unless it's merchandise, in which case Canada Post requires that it go Light Packet.

If anyone knows of a more idiotic regulation I'd like to hear it.

Tom

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post wanted to restrict in Canada lettermail to paper only but lost a legal decision.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Fern,

This story is news to me but I certainly wouldn't put it past Canada Post to try this one on the long-suffering Canadian public. I wonder, though, what service CP proposed to offer for non-paper mailings. Parcel Post?

Tom

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Remind me never to say "paper" again. Sheesh. No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Photobucket
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Well, I went to the postal office and asked anyways and they did it for me, didnt seem like they cared. So i hope it does goes through

Message 13 of 13
latest reply