Sending an Offer - Can you send to just one person?

I had a listing which was an auction with a Buy it Now option. I had a perspective buyer contact me to say she had been trying to Buy it Now and it wasn't working, she said my listing wouldn't even let her make a bid and asked me to "send her an offer" so she could buy it (at the Buy it Now price). I couldn't see how to send her an offer so I changed Buy it Now to "Make an Offer", this wouldn't work for her either.

My question is first how do I "send an offer"? I thought there was a way to send offers to any watchers but I can't remember where I saw it. Second question is can I send an offer to just this one person (this item has 4 watchers) or do they all get it? Just curious since I've never sent an offer.

In the meantime she called customer service and somehow after the call - even though she said they confirmed nothing was wrong with her account, she was able to bid anyways and is going to wait the auction out but I wondered (for the future) if it can even be done for just one person requesting it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

she said my listing wouldn't even let her make a bid

Do you have your Seller Preferences set to automatically Block bidders with unpaid item Strikes?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes! I thought that might have been the issue (though she probably wouldn't want to admit to it).

Interestingly though after she called customer service it magically worked - perhaps strikes were the issue.

Customer service told me it was probably a glitch that got worked out! Maybe if she's been good paying lately they can remove it. I think the block is for two strikes or more in last six months (or something like that I don't remember exact wording).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for pointing this out since it made me question my settings and I just double checked to see how my blocked bidders was set up (anyone with two unpaid strikes in six months) PLUS I saw the list of bids that had been blocked for this reason and lo and behold there was the item she had been trying to get! It doesn't show the blocked bidders ID but given she tried yesterday and today (my first message from her yesterday, then again today) I guess her call to customer service got them to remove it and she's bidding now (let's hope she pays!)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can set it to two Strikes in 12 months if you prefer.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply