Sending and receiving offers

As an FYI to anyone using Best Offers, something interesting to pay attention to.

If someone sends you a random offer it is in affect for 24 hours. If you send an offer or counter offer it is good for 48 hours. I believe in the USA a seller can choose the a timeframe. This never happened on dot ca. Unsure of how the time limit is affected if the listing happens to be close to rolling over due automatic relists.

-Lotz

Offer.jpgcounter offer.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sending and receiving offers

A newbie question: Once the offer is made, is the listing inactive or can another person "buy it now" whlie you are waiting for an answer on the offer?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@martiqefinds wrote:

A newbie question: Once the offer is made, is the listing inactive or can another person "buy it now" whlie you are waiting for an answer on the offer?

When a seller sends out a random offer it could be to 1 or several buyers depending on the current watchers. It's the first one that replies that would be winning bidder. (Or alternatively if a completely different buyer sent an offer to the seller and seller accepted). That would vary if there were multiple units available and how many "a" buyer chose to purchase. I do know when a buyer sends an offer to a seller they can specify a quantity. Does not give seller that option in reverse. (it doesn't display.) Offers are basically a case of "Ya snooze....ya lose."

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

H|i @martiqefinds 

Speaking specifically about "Best Offer" in a listing (not offers sent by sellers to watchers) my understanding is;

During the period of waiting for acceptance or decline by the seller for an offer maded by a buyer the item stays as an active listing for sale to all others. Only the amount of the potential buyer's offer is governed by the time period. This is also true during the "counter offer" back & fro.

Should the buyer accept your counter they have 4 days to pay for the item. During the period of waiting to get paid the item is delisted by eBay. Should the buyer not pay the item is not automatically relisted. You have to do it yourself manually. All you have to do is goto your unsold items or solds (1 of the 2) and choose "Relist Item" from the drop down menu.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, intimewithmusic. You have explained it very well.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Great. Thank you for asking the question! Enjoy the long weekend!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply