Shipping from Canada

Hello,

I just listed a few items and my option Small Packet USA air disapeared.  I am left with the super expensive Tracked packet.

What can I do to go back to normal without spending an hour with Ebay on the phone

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Shipping from Canada

@emil_bela 

Are you using the Advanced Sell Your Item Form?

I just checked and Small Packet Air USA is the second choice on the dropdown menu when I use Flat Rate and first choice for Calculated.

The simplified form eBay foists on new sellers is missing a lot of options.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

I have the same problem.  How can I change the form I am using?  It came automatically and it keeps changing.  Really bothers me...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

Small packet should be on both the simplified and the advanced form so I don't know if changing it would help but check on the top right of the sell your item form page to see if it will allow you to change to the advanced form.

If that doesn't work, you can  set up shipping to the US with a flat rate and use a generic shipping method. I use standard international shipping which gives me a 7-12 business day shipping time when I have 2 day handling.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

Technically, perfumes are not allowed to be shipped air mail because they are flammable.

There are also restrictions on shipping them surface.

You might want to look into that.

There are hundreds of sellers successfully shipping perfumes so it is possible.

This is just meant as a heads up.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

Off topic - Your titles could have more keywords.  Right now, some of your listings don't come up if the search includes the word perfume.  Also, specify whether it is eau de toilette, perfume etc in the title.  Use item specifics whenever you can as that may also help a buyer narrow down what they are looking for.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

Perfumes are considered Dangerous Goods by Canada Post. I’d advise you to call Canada Post Business for insight and/or instruction on what you’ll need to do to send perfume in the mail without getting into trouble for it.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

Followup for clarification regarding the shipping of Perfume/Items to be considered Dangerous Goods.

After being bumped around several times with CPC the explanation I was given regarding the mailing of perfumes is clarifing if they are or are not considered dangerous. Technically, in some cases may be labeled as a consumer commodity but that requires you do some serious investigating. You need to know the composition of the perfume and % of alcohol it does contain. This is information that is not usually on the packaging in front of you and can either be obtained from the product manufacturer or a previous shipper. It needs to be packaged correctly with the applicable stickers on the box and that the box has to meet certain handling standards.  A very large proportion of "Perfume" being mailed is done so based on ignorance of the rules or the concept of "chancing it." It becomes an actual problem when something does go wrong on its journey and Canadapost/Purolator/Fedex, etc have to investigate. Another thing that comes into play is as a seller we don't always know how the postal systems will be transporting a package. There are different, much stricter rules for AIR vs GROUND. Rules can also vary by country. This is why it is so important to get it right by personally decide whether it is worth taking a chance on the possibility of something happening. Not following the applicable rules could result in a fine or even jail time.

Spoke to the people at Canutec...The Government agency involved with the Transport of Dangerous Goods. Their requirements as follows:

Further to our phone call. Schedule 1 of the TDG Regulations defines Perfumery Products as:

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/3/sched-ann/schedule1results.aspx?UN=1266&Name=

PERFUMERY PRODUCTS with flammable solvents and with not more than 20% nitrocellulose, by mass, if the nitrogen content of the nitrocellulose is not more than 12.6%, by mass

This is followed by applicable rules regarding limited quantities.

TDG Part 1 exemptions that may apply in this situation include 1.17 Limited Quantity.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/clear-part1-475.htm#sec117

(1)  A quantity of dangerous goods, other than explosives, is a limited quantity if

• (a)  the dangerous goods are in one or more means of containment designed, constructed, filled, closed, secured and maintained so that under normal conditions of transport, including handling, there will be no accidental release of the dangerous goods that could endanger public safety; and

As Per Canutec

Keep in mind when shipping by air that the shipment must also be in compliance with the ICAO Technical Instructions.

-Lotz

youtube videos - For reference purposes only. See accompanying comments.

My apologies if I have omitted or inadvertently miss-typed any information in this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOqhXw-VlFk  - Shipping Dangerous Goods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-PVAPiLzcE   -  Mailing Perfume with USPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sp-zjRm3Q8   - Computer Batteries

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

I had the same problem with the lower cost shipping option not listed when sent to Shippo for an item to USA when I went to print the shipping label last week.

I instead took the item to the post office where I paid for the proper shipping & uploaded the tracking number to Ebay.

As luck would have it there is no tracking info other than being accepted at my post office & Canada Post says to call back next week and file a claim for the $200 item.. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from Canada

In the original post the option was missing on the eBay listing, are you saying that it was missing on Shippo as well? Which option was not showing on Shippo?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply