Shipping large items

Does anyone have experience shipping large items like a large display cabinet , I posted a picture below of my cabinet

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping large items

I would recommend only selling a large item for local pick-up. Unless it is packed properly there is too much chance of damage. And the shipping cost for a heavy object would be very expensive.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipping large items

How big is it?

How much does it weigh?

Where are you shipping it to?

How much do you think it will sell for?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipping large items

I would recommend only selling a large item for local pick-up. Unless it is packed properly there is too much chance of damage. And the shipping cost for a heavy object would be very expensive.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipping large items

If you decide on ebay, I would also recommend you use local pickup only. 

For  furniture like that I would try FB.  I have great success with both buying and selling on FB.  Certain items are just not right for selling on ebay.  Good luck.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping large items

Another point, wonder if you sell it and it arrives at the buyers and they state it is not as described, you then would be responsible to pay for return shipping.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping large items

Anonymous
Not applicable

That time I was living in Winnipeg and travelled to Regina and found a lovely antique theatre stand about 7 feet tall and 5 feet wide at antique store and I wasn't sure how to ship.  The seller said they can ship it by a moving truck that travel back and forth to Toronto and Regina and would stop by my home to deliver it and it was only $50.00.  Ask any antique stores or moving companies if they can do that service.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply