Shipping to Hong Kong with tracking/insurance?

Im trying to ship a camera lens to someone in Hong Kong with paypal online shipping thru Canada Post however i cant seem to get an option with insurance or tracking.
What would be the preferred shipping service? For whatever reason xpresspost does work. Box is just under 1lb and around 9x6x6 inches.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Shipping to Hong Kong with tracking/insurance?

How heavy? I used under 500 grams and 750 grams. Under 500 there is Xpresspost and Tracked Packet. 500-1K there is Xpresspost.

It ain't cheap.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Xpresspost may not work because the dimensions are too small.

Tracked Packet is what you have in your listing so why not use that. Insurance if you really want it could be obtained via a third-party like U-Pic or ShipInsurance.

Personally I would just send it via Small Packet Air.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sorry! I never saw the dimensions.

I send everything the cheapest way possible and that has paid off every time.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The dimensions should be fine for xpresspost or tracked packet. With xpresspost you could buy the extra insurance through CP if you wanted it. Tracked packet has insurance up to $100 but you could pay insure the amount over that with a third party insurance company.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
How heavy? I used under 500 grams and 750 grams. Under 500 there is Xpresspost and Tracked Packet. 500-1K there is Xpresspost.

It ain't cheap.

According to the OP, the package is 1 lb which would be fine for any CP parcel service.

Tracked packet international can be used for up to 2kg. Xpresspost international up to 30 kg.

recped - Have you found that HK has more reliable mail than China? I've had really bad luck sending packages to China in the last year.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked PayPal shipping a few minutes and found you can ship that size by XpressPost for about $78.00 at 500 grams.  No Tracked Packet.

It is beyond why would Canada Post not offer Tracked Packet to Hong Kong but only XpressPost.  I would think if Canada Post do offer XpressPost to any countries, therefore, they can offer Tracked Packets to the same countries!!

If the camerca is expensive, then ship it with a tracking number and insurance.  To suggest small packet air for the expensive item is not ideal, it is a huge risk.

In fact you should already include the right mail service to the International countries before you post this item.  That way the buyer who bought it will knew it would be ship at expensive mail service or choose not to buy it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You're right, Paypal shipping doesn't have tracked packet to HK or for any of the "new" additions on the following list.  I have a list of Tracked Packet International locations that I copied from the CP site in December or January and all of those locations are on that list so they can't be that 'new'.

I'll pass the info on to Raphael so that he can pass it on to Paypal/PB.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/shipping/trackedpacket.jsf?LOCALE=en&ecid...

Tracked Packet International.jpg

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You have to click on the international destinations link to see that country list.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't come up on PayPal Shipping last night.  When will it start or is it already started and PayPal is not up-to-date??

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Probably PayPal not up to date, look for them to add it in 3 - 5 years that's their normal speed!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"PayPal not up to date, look for them to add it in 3 - 5 years that's their normal speed!"

I suspect the problem is not with PayPal (they are only the payment processor)  but with Pitney Bowes, the program administrator under contract from eBay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Going to canadapost.ca I get a Tracked Packet rate of $52.03. Small Packet is $20.94. Lense sold for $352 Cdn.

I would keep the $30 and send it for $21.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 13
latest reply