Shipping to Hungary

Hello..Has anyone had any bad experiences shipping to Hungary either recently or pre-strike. Have a low value item would be possible to use Tracked on but they have already paid for Intl Air. Comments/Suggestions please. I think if there were a delay it  would be getting it to Montreal.

-CM

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping to Hungary

Shipping to Hungary isn't much different than shipping anywhere in Europe.

The strike is over there shouldn't be much delay on any domestic or International shipments and the backlog is comprised mostly of International packages that were in the system during October and the first part of November.

Even incoming Internationals that were caught in the backlog are moving, I received a package on Thursday that was almost certainly sitting in the limbo land between Canada Customs and Canada Post since October.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

Get very few sales to eastern Europe myself but earlier this year did send one item to Ukraine via LettterPost. The buyer surprised me with feedback pretty quickly, delivery time was similiar to other western European countries.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

Item value is 30. Tracked approx 29.00. Definitely a tough sell.

-CM

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

If you are concerned it would be less expensive to purchase 3rd party insurance for a $2 or so. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

Waiting to hear back from customer. Will go from there. Tracking is available so would like to use if I can. The one other main advantage with a tracked service is speed. Less handling and less chance of damage in transit.

-CM

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

"Have a low value item would be possible to use Tracked on but they have already paid for Intl Air. Comments/Suggestions please."

The customer from Hungary already paid for International Airmail without Tracking.

That's how you need to ship the item. You cannot ask for more money to send it with a tracked service after the fact.

I suggest you adjust your International shipping rates to Tracked Packet-International.

You'll need to roll the dice on this one.... or pay for a tracking service out of pocket.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Hungary

it would be less expensive to purchase 3rd party insurance for a $2 or so. 

Further advantage-- If the insurance won't cover the destination, it's a good reason to Block that country.

Experience counts.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply