Shipping versus printing dates on Labels?

Yikes, I printed off labels and made sure that the dates for shipping showed as May 23 not May 20 which was when I printed the labels. Now I noticed that the items show as shipped May 20 anyway. Is this a problem with eBay or Canada Post or is this the way it always works and I never noticed before?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It has always been like that unfortunately. PayPal asks you the shipping date, but does not use it. And it doesn't appear on eBay either. Just the date you printed the label which sucks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It has always been like that unfortunately. PayPal asks you the shipping date, but does not use it. And it doesn't appear on eBay either. Just the date you printed the label which sucks.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I put the shipping date in the feedback I leave for the customer.

Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped 23/5/17 Canada Post Air Mail usually.

In my opinion my customer is more likely to look at his feedback than the date in the Purchase Shipped email.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Yikes, I printed off labels and made sure that the dates for shipping showed as May 23 not May 20 which was when I printed the labels. Now I noticed that the items show as shipped May 20 anyway. Is this a problem with eBay or Canada Post or is this the way it always works and I never noticed before?

Paypal only uses the "shipping" date for sending an email to the buyer (if you have that enabled), is is not used for anything else.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply