Forum Posts

Can't find item after sold, WWYD and say?

Well I sold a pattern that I have had listed since last April 2016. I have one more place to look tomorrow but if I don't find it, I need to inform the buyer that I have been looking for it for (Sun, Mon and Tues) 3 days and that I have to cancel. An...

eBay Active Content Listing Scanner

This was found on eBay.com Link to http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContent_support/ScanActiveContent.htm The scanner was run on two listings... The only thing identified as Active Content was the .......Auctiva Scrolling Gallery. Something I n...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Phone Numbers Required for PP Shipping?

I've been trying to print a PP shipping label but can't because I get a message that the phone number is invalid. It this a glitch or do we now require our customers' phone numbers to use PP shipping?

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Boards just announced 2017 summer update

The US boards have just opened a discussion on the 2017 summer update. What happened to only spring and fall This link should get you to it. http://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2017-Summer-Seller-Update/ba-p/26905645 I wonder if ours is coming...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Opinions on "Condition Description"

I'm looking for opinions on Condition Description, the little 1000-character-limit text box that shows up underneath the Condition. I've only used it sparingly, mainly to guide the buyer to the Item Description itself as I prefer to keep my listings ...

Limit of what one can earn before taxman gets you

My paypal account shows app $19,000 earned to date from Jan.1/17.I have read on the boards here that one can earn up to $20,000.00 before it is reported to Canada Revenue. Question is that in US funds or Cnd funds and also does that include the shipp...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does This Sound Like a Set Up?

A buyer contacted me and asked if I'd sell a $160 item for $100. I told her no. Then she agreed to the $160 and asked if I'd upgrade shipping to a signed for method because she lives in a high crime area. I told her that would be expensive but I'd ge...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

How are eBay and PayPal fees calculate?

Let's say I sell an item for $10. I charge an extra 13% for hst. Total comes to $11.30. Does PayPal and eBay take into consideration the $10 or the $11.30? Fyi, I do not include the hst in the price. The seller sees the hst once they do the checkout.

Number of watchers not showing

I finally have someone bidding on a listing. There are currently 4 watching. They show on my summary page, but not on the actual listing. I see on other listings the number of watchers, so I'm wondering why not on this listing. Another glitch?

Why the "Your funds will be available on: xxxxxxx'" does not appear under the "sold item"?

I sold an item, the buyer paid, and received the item 10 days ago. The buy left positive feedback (very satisfied with the item). but the usual "Your funds will be available on: xxxxxxx'" does not appear under this "sold item". It looks like ebay doe...

Resolved! Cant print shipping label title to long

Hello, I cant print a shipping label, it says the title is to long, I am unable to shorten the title as the item is sold and I cant revise the listing. Has anyone else had this problem ? Thank you

How is it possible for a seller to offer free shipping??

I have found an item on Alibaba I would like to sell. It costs $1. Others are selling a similar item for $7 with FREE SHIPPING. I just went to Canada Post to get a quote for my product and they said: $9.14. How is this possible? How can somebody sell...

Cost to return an order and international Ebay rules

I bought some stuff from a seller in Estonia and may have to return it as a SNAD Here is what Canada Post wants for return postage with no insurance or signature. Options Mailing Tube$1.50Delivery ConfirmationIncl.Signature Option$2.50*Coverage Detai...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

FUTURE WATERMARKING ISSUE

What concerns me about watermarking my images is what happens if eBay bands watermarking completely in the next year or so. Will eBay force Sellers to remove their watermarked images? This concerns me if they force Sellers to revise there listings wi...

Resolved! Is there a way to see items I accidentally deleted?

I have been a bit distracted recently due to a bad medical diagnosis in the family. Yesterday I was relisting 30 day items in bulk, and accidentally clicked the delete button instead of sell similar. With 750 items in my store, I have no way of knowi...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Price vs shipping cost

Hi, I'm new to selling. I often see an item on sale for 2.99 or even less with free shipping added. How can that be , when the shipping cost is more than the price of the item. What if it does not sell for more than that price?

Watermaking photos or putting your name on the photos

I like many of you spend a lot of time taking photo's, deciding on the best picture, cropping etc. At one point I could use ebay watermarking on the photo's which I liked. Someone had used my pictures on their listing and I asked them to do their own...

GST, HST, and VAT

My question of the day for any sellers which include Tax in their prices. If you sell an item to a country that you are not required to collect tax from, do you reduce the price by the amount of the Tax or Vat?

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

APP update NIGHTMARE

EBay's new App update has a huge flaw/problem. It impacts you if you list on .com because it affects how people view your listings.This is what they've done: All your items listed on .com now have the words "Brand New" or "Nearly New" in the item tit...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Item from seller doesn't show but are listed

Hello, here's a good one ... One of my favorite seller and friend with who I buy from alot, has listed many items like as always.He list item on Ebay.com with shipping description for both USA and Canada. I saw a sudden publicity from ebay, as I log ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels