Shippo and Canada Post NOT WORKING HELP PLEASE

Is anyone actually getting Shippo via Ebay.ca to work with their existing Canada Post Small Business Account? I've tried to follow all the instructions for over an hour. I went to Shippo from Ebay.ca and linked my Ebay.ca account to Shippo. I've added Canada Post as a Carrier (I tried regional, national, international). I followed Shippo's instructions on signing into Canada Post and then getting a Development Account and generating API username and password (is this for real? This is full on IT work). I copied/pasted the API username and password into the Shippo Canada Post Carrier settings along with my correct CPC customer number and made sure it's not in Test Mode. I put in the STILL getting a Rates Unavailable AAA Authenticaion Failure message in Shippo Shipping.

I'm GIVING UP and going back to CPC SnapShip as I have 4 Ebay sales to send out tomorrow. IF someone is actually getting Ebay.ca Shippo and their existing CPC Small Business Account to work, please let me know! thanks!!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hi.

Have you contacted Shippo support? They are usually back with a solution within 24 hours. The same thing happened to me. Somehow they dissconected my eBay account. It's working now. I was in the same boat as you. During that time I became darn good at using Snap Ship and found ways to move as quickly through orders. That said I don't have high volumes.  I prefer Canadian money supports Canadians IE: Canada Post.

But shippo does have some advantages.    In another post I gave many adantages of Snap ship over Shippo. 

Regarding your comment "Is anyone actually getting Shippo via Ebay.ca to work with their existing Canada Post Small Business Account?" 

This is my understanding. 

Shippo does not work with your existing Canada Post small Business Account! Shippo needs you to supply it to them at the beginning for authorization. They do not use it after that for any of your eBay labels. they will only use it for manual labels off of eBay. For your eBay labels they use their own Canada Post account.

You do not get credit to your CP account for labels you purchase from Shippo. Shippo gets that.  A Seller once they get the credit for Shippo purchased labels. My experience is I get credit for PayPal purchased labels and Snap Ship but not Shippo. Look in your CP account profile. Look under Discount levels and recent purchases.  Let me know if it lists Shippo labels. If you buy more than $2500 in a year you will NOT move to the Level 2 discount. 

If you look in your Shippo account under linked couriers, you will see two CP accounts, yours and Shippos. Next to theirs it says "eBay Only". 

If you want to check look at a label you print from Snap Ship. You will see YOUR Can Post account number in the top right corner. Compare it with a Shippo purchased label and you will see SHIPPO's account number there. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding this "discrepancy" will also apply to the new eBay.ca labels about to come out. No level 2 discounts. If you plan on exceeding $2500/year in labels you might want to see how much it's costing to forfiet the Level 2 discount.

InTime

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I have wasted 3 hours on this too. I was switched to managed payments on Monday. I have paid and printed about 6 labels through shippo before 3 hrs ago when i decided I'm paying more then I was on paypal so I tried to apply my cp small business to shippo with doing the api **bleep**. I messed something up and now i'm getting the same error as you and can't get a label. 

So frustrated!!!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You are correct that so far, the new ebay labels only give a level one discount and I don't think that it is connected to our small business accounts.  Apparently they are looking at changing that.

Perhaps it has something to do with the way your Shippo account is set up but when I sign into my CP small business account I am credited with the labels that I've done through Shippo. I'm just at level one as I often use stamps rather than online labels but I know of at least one poster here who has a level 2 or 3 small business acount and they do get that discount through Shippo.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So! Why don't you just do it on PayPal?

They have all the same information and if your Small Bussiness # is in Canada Post, your will get the reduction. PayPal is no more expensive than Shippo and it is easier to get around in the site, plus you can see all the package/ box information before you hit the pay button,which you cannot do in Shippo.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If you want to use Paypal to print labels, you can do that by first signing into paypal.com/shipnow

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

... Why don't you just do it on PayPal?

They have all the same information and if your Small Bussiness # is in Canada Post, your will get the reduction....

Under Managed Payments  your eBay sales information does not get transfered to PayPal.

You have to use paypal.com/shipnow and copy and paste the details for shipping.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Well most of us don't have managed payments yet - I applied right away and am still waiting.

Even so PayPal is still a good fall back position.

How sure are you the shipping information does not get transferred to PayPal?  I seems to me that if someone pays with PayPal - then PayPal does in fact, have that information. Credit card - likely not,  but I suspect that most buyers will stick with PayPal and you don't have to use:

paypal.com/shipnow" just open PayPal, click on the transaction and then click the PayPal labelling link.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If the buyer paid with PP it would show up in the buyer's Paypal but it wouldn't be visible in the Managed Payment seller PP account as the payment wouldn't involve their Paypal account.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

what is the point of using shippo? does it give you a discount or something? I couldnt figure out how to print my label last time i had a sale so I gave up and wrote my own label.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If you have a Canada Post small business account you get a small discount using Shippo.  You automatically get that same discount if you print your label on eBay.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If it makes you feel better it happened to me twice. Got my account reconnected in the exact manner you describe. It seemed fixed in March and I printed a Shippo label. A few weeks later the same thing happened. I contacted shippo ans this was their answer;

"Thank you for writing in to us, I would be happy to help.

I was able to work with my team to find out what is causing this error. It appears the Canada Post account number is either not correct or not active anymore. This is why the rates are not displaying.

We suggest connecting Canada Post to Shippo following the instructions here, this should resolve any issues that are occurring 😄

Please let me know if you run into further errors. or have any questions and I would be happy to help.

Have a wonderful afternoon! 🌞

Thanks a million!
Diana with Shippo Support"

There's nothing wrong with my Canada Post account.  I asked Shippo why they had their Canada Post connected to my eBay account as well. The label purchases weren't showing up on my CP tally for a discount upgrade. I want to qualify for the Level 2.  Another contributor to this forum said he managed to do that. Maybe I upset them. They never answered the question.

In any event they seem to be putting the problem back on me.  I also wonder if the poor service has something to do with eBay selling us labels now?   I'm getting my labels from others until there are reports of smooth sailing with Shippo. . 

InTime

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I itemized Shippo's advantages in another thread but in a nutshell this is what you can get from Shippo you can't get elsewhere;

1. If you need a return label to send to a customer in the USA you can buy that from Shippo. You can't buy one from Canada Post or eBay. The only problem is your buyer must ship the item back withing 3 days of you purchasing the label. 

2. If you need insurance over $100 Canada Post charges $2.25 per $100. Shippo uses a 3rd party and it costs about half the rate CP charges. The only problem is you have to make two separate claims as the 1st $100 is still with CP. 

3. As well as full integration with your ebay store Shippo has a function to print international weigh bills called a"Customs Manifest".  Every country has different restrictions on imports.  A proper removeable manifest on the outside of your package can help you traverse the huge variety of customs restrictions.  For example if your item is "A wooden spoon" some countries prohibit certain species of wood. A manifest allows you to be more precise." I once had a rock band's equipment held at the border causing panick to the concert production company.  The blanket used for sound control inside the drummer's bass drum did not have the country of origin on it. You just can't fit much on a Canada Post label.

Canada Post labels state "Manifest Not Required" and allows to put in a tariff number.  It's not inclusive of the information some countires require, it is far too small,  and it may be damaged during the movement of your package. A proper manifest allows courier and customs personel to remove and retain more detailed and better protected documents from a packing slip pouch. You do not need Shippo to prepare them. You can do it yourself but the form is automatically filled in by Shippo.  Usually you would include 2 copies inside the pouch. 

ITWM

PS: The gear was admitted to the US and the band played that night only because Customs could get me on the phone. That was 1983 before cell phones...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

So! Why don't you just do it on PayPal?

They have all the same information and if your Small Bussiness # is in Canada Post, your will get the reduction. PayPal is no more expensive than Shippo and it is easier to get around in the site, plus you can see all the package/ box information before you hit the pay button,which you cannot do in Shippo.

Hi. Some Sellers charge retail postage to buyers plus a handling charge. PayPal labels print your discounted cost of your label right on the label.  When buyers see that they may take offense and think the seller has overcharged them for shipping.

InTime

Message 14 of 14
latest reply