Shopping cart disconnect is ruining my business!!

Situation #1:

Buyer put 3 items in his cart and tried to request combined shipping and eBay would not allow it. I told him to use the shopping cart on eBay.ca instead or to "commit to buy". He then responded that he was on eBay.ca and that it wouldn't let him ask for combined postage.

Unfortunately for him, in the meantime, another buyer purchased 2 items out of the 3 he wanted. Then, it was not worth it for him to buy the remaining one, so I lost this sale.

Situation #2:

Another buyer ask me to remove the Immediate Payment required on my listings even though I do NOT have it. I explained that eBay forces buyers to pay immediately for items under a certain amount. And that they want to force buyers to use the cart. Unfortunately, the cart does not work for items listed outside of eBay.COM. So I tell him to "Commit to Buy" his items on eBay.CA or to send "Best Offer" on the items that have that option. He managed to commit to buy 2 photos and then sent offers on 4 other items.

HOWEVER, within 2 hours - yes, in less than 2 hours - he retracts his offers saying he was "not able to contact seller". Seriously, he expected me to respond to his offers within less than 2 hours on a beautiful Saturday? I know he just changed his mind and lied on the reason for his change of heart. And now, he wants me to cancel the other 2 items he committed to buy....

The main thing is, I don't really blame him... I think he just changed his mind because he was tired of trying to buy the photos he wanted. Because of the cart disconnect, I lost 2 combined sales of about $200. But how many more did I loose because buyers did not bother to contact me? Seriously eBay, when will you realise that this "cart disconnect" issue is MUCH MORE serious than you *think* it is? How many more sales will I have to loose before you do something about it? And don't tell me to list on eBay.COM. I NEED the shipping calculator for my items and until you find a way to include Canada Post in .COM, I cannot use it!

Thank you for letting me vent here. Do not worry, I was very calm when I responded to my buyers. Fortunately, I can vent here and be angry as much as I want and need to. 😉

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Hi everyone, is there a prize for processing....

1000 S&H refunds due to Shopping Cart problems.

Maybe I should be asking PayPal.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Hi all,

I just wanted to remind everyone to stay on lady.stark's topic of the shopping cart. 

If you'd like to discuss mjwl2006's reaching his red star, please start a new topic in Canada Town Square.

Thanks!

Liz

A "business" board has no place in it for congratulating one of its members for their business success in achieving a feedback number milestone. What must we have been thinking?

Message 42 of 42
latest reply