Shouldn't a new member have to establish some credibility first?

Im not going to get into the specifics, as Ive been dealing with this all day and Im tired.  But shouldn't a member with an account that is only a month old, have to establish some sort of credibility before they have control over an experienced members funds? 
Ive been here 18 years, and  some new buyer files a non receipt claim.  Even though Ive provided the tracking, showing the item is waiting for him to pick up at his local post office?  Now my funds are on hold?
Is this how you treat your loyal customers who have provided you with a significant amount of dollars over the years?  This new member has done nothing but show up and cause a problem.  I understand "buyer's protection".  What about seller's protection?  What about respect?  What about doing the right thing?
Between this bs and the fee structure,  I am a conversation away from being done.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did he open a Claim?

If he did, have you entered the tracking number in the Claim?

Here's the fun part for your lazy customer.

If he doesn't get on his bike and pick up at the PO, his purchase is considered Undeliverable.

It will eventually be returned to you.

But.

He doesn't get his money back.

EBay does not require sellers to refund on Undeliverable shipments.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

This is the part I'm referring to

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item 
Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer

Not covered

The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup

Not covered
The buyer provided an invalid or incorrect address at checkout
Not covered

You won't be required to refund until the shipment gets back to you.

(But I suspect the payment will stay as a Hold. Bummer.)

When it does get back to you, you can relist it.

And the Hold on the payment is released .

You can refund him if you wish, or only refund the purchase price, not the shipping or the taxes, or you can refund only the purchase price reduced by the costs  of return shipping, etc.  if any.

This still leaves PP and credit card chargebacks in play, so if the customer doesn't pick up and the shipment is wending its way back to you, CYA by  having a Chat with the eBay employees who cover social media (
https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.) explaining the problem and getting a case number and transcript.

I hope this is your worst customer of 2023.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just provide eBay with the tracking information that shows it is awaiting pick up at the buyers Post Office, eBay will decide the case in your favor and the hold will be released.

I presume you have already been in contact with the buyer?

New buyer vs old seller, old buyer vs new seller, doesn't matter. The process is that when a claim is made funds are put on hold, it applies to anyone and everyone.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did he open a Claim?

If he did, have you entered the tracking number in the Claim?

Here's the fun part for your lazy customer.

If he doesn't get on his bike and pick up at the PO, his purchase is considered Undeliverable.

It will eventually be returned to you.

But.

He doesn't get his money back.

EBay does not require sellers to refund on Undeliverable shipments.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

This is the part I'm referring to

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item 
Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer

Not covered

The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup

Not covered
The buyer provided an invalid or incorrect address at checkout
Not covered

You won't be required to refund until the shipment gets back to you.

(But I suspect the payment will stay as a Hold. Bummer.)

When it does get back to you, you can relist it.

And the Hold on the payment is released .

You can refund him if you wish, or only refund the purchase price, not the shipping or the taxes, or you can refund only the purchase price reduced by the costs  of return shipping, etc.  if any.

This still leaves PP and credit card chargebacks in play, so if the customer doesn't pick up and the shipment is wending its way back to you, CYA by  having a Chat with the eBay employees who cover social media (
https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.) explaining the problem and getting a case number and transcript.

I hope this is your worst customer of 2023.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Its such a long story, giving you pieces wouldn't make sense.  But yes, I sent it with tracking, and entered the info in the claim.  Its sitting in the post office in his neighborhood.

I realize new buyer/old seller doesnt matter, and Im not asking for special treatment.  It's just that it is just so obviously a scam when you have the details.

I hope you're right.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes Ebay is aware.  I've tried to contact him with  no response.  Ebay said he is using a guest account so he can't respond to my messages.  I know nothing about that.  I have been updating the claim when I have new info, but he is not responding there either...yet. 

Like I said,  there is much more to this story, but as of it now it is only a theory of mine.  But the truth will come out I hope.

My post was a bit of a rant I know, it was a long day.  But I guess the point  i was trying to make is, how can a brand new user be able to cause problems, and ebay wont even use common sense, or investigate anything outside of the "Order Details".

Maybe Ill come back and fill you in with the entire story when the dust settles.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

On eBay there are 3 sides to a story,: the buyer's, the seller's and eBay's....and one never knows wherein lies the truth...However, there is only one ending to this story...and that is yet to be determined...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply