Sold items re-appearing in "unsold" inventory, selling, then "defect strike" What is going on?

So far, three SOLD items from me have mysteriously re-appeared in the "unsold" and if not caught when doing  a general re-listing get RESOLD and since they are already gone, you get a "defect" or "non-delivery" strike against the account bringing down its rating. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sold items re-appearing in "unsold" inventory, selling, then "defect strike" What is going on?

I just killed off five MORE items that appeared.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Turns out, the new "Seller Hub" was putting successive unsold dated items (showing the same item as unsold 2-3 30 day cycles) into the general "unsold" category. So, when I went to relist en masse, it relisted single items more than one time. So SOLD items which appeared as "unsold" in a previous cycle ended-up getting relisted. I had to manually go into "unsold" sort the items by TITLE and delete ALL the duplicates to prevent the relisting from happening again.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You discovered one of the major design flaws in the Seller Hub -- there is no way to only have unsolds that have not been relisted selected.  Proves that none of the eBay designers for the seller hub actually sell stuff on eBay.

My work-around is to do a sort of the unsolds on the Relist Status column to group those that have not yet been relisted (which brings up the limitation of only being able to sort one column at a time).

-..-

@happy_pigeondoes eBay have a suggestion box for improvements?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

You discovered one of the major design flaws in the Seller Hub -- there is no way to only have unsolds that have not been relisted selected.  Proves that none of the eBay designers for the seller hub actually sell stuff on eBay.

My work-around is to do a sort of the unsolds on the Relist Status column to group those that have not yet been relisted (which brings up the limitation of only being able to sort one column at a time).

-..-

@happy_pigeondoes eBay have a suggestion box for improvements?

p1040285.jpg

It's me! I am the suggestion box!*

I think I may have come across this myself, or a similar iteration. I had an item that sold but went unpaid, and after going through the whole Second Chance Offer (which was declined) and Unpaid Item Case process, I was not allowed to select any versions of the ended item to relist. It threw up an error.

So, I will pass this to our Product Managers for Seller Hub since this does seem to be a serious issue and not just a "me" thing...

*(Note: Image is not actually, literally me)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When situations like this happen in eBay, what is the easiest way for a seller to recover their expenses/costs and cancel any strikes that they personally did not cause by something they had no control over? I've never really seen this clearly addressed.

-CM

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This has been a problem off and on for years.

Certainly more than a decade.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

-..-

Maybe I've misunderstood your meaning but I have no trouble sorting unsolds by relisted, not relisted etc. just like in the old selling manager. The function is hidden by default which is puzzling ... 

Screenshot-(28).jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply