Strange SNAD Dispute... Any Ideas?

I'm not exactly sure what this is, but it appears my buyer has filed a SNAD with PayPal (or their CC) 3 days after I shipped (hmmm... quick shipping from one side of the country to the other). I'm not likely to engage with the buyer, because it reeks of scam, but not of the usual variety. It's weird... the dispute is only for 70% of the purchase price ($16.99 sale price, free shipping; dispute is for $12).

"---- filed a payment dispute outside of eBay about an order that was placed on May 31, 2021. . This means the buyer has disputed a charge directly with their payment provider. They are requesting C $12.00 back, and the reason for this dispute is that the item doesn't match the description in your listing. Please respond to this dispute by Jun 09, 2021."

Why would a buyer not file that dispute within Ebay... is it too soon? And why not for the full amount? Why not INR, since it's an untracked item?

Also, managed payments is now holding the $12, so I'm now showing -$12 in available funds. Does this mean it will automatically come from my bank account?

I'm not sure how to proceed with this...?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Too soon for eBay , which requires the item to have been delivered for a Not As Described dispute, after which the buyer has 30 days to dispute.

But PP allows 180 days for dispute afterPayment.

Since he doesn't have it.... Accept the RETURN.... which he cannot do and has to pay for.

If he does not show proof of return (delivery not shipping) which requires tracking on a $12 item, he loses the dispute.

And then cross all your fingers and toes that he is as confused as he has made you, will not pay for tracked return shipping, and drops it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is no option to accept a RETURN. Only these two options:

The buyer has opened a dispute for this order. Select how you'd like to handle this dispute:
-Challenge dispute and provide evidence
-Accept dispute and buyer receives refund

If I accept, the appears the buyer just receives the refund and doesn't need to do anything...

What am I missing here???

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Also - can someone explain the fees associated with a payment dispute? When I looked it up on ebay's website, this is what I found:

"If a buyer files a payment dispute, and you’re found responsible for the disputed amount, you’ll be charged a dispute fee by eBay. If you accept the payment dispute and issue a refund, eBay will waive the dispute fee, and you’ll be responsible for the refund amount issued to your buyer.

Dispute fee

If you are found responsible for a disputed amount as per eBay policies (e.g., chargeback), we charge a $20.00 dispute fee, excluding sales tax, for each dispute.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm going to start a new thread about Payment Disputes
Message 5 of 5
latest reply