Stripe

Why does Ebay in North America not accept Stripe?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Stripe

tobyshitzu
Community Member

same reason as everything else, they own paypal

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

Probably because nobody cares!

I'd never heard of Stripe but from a few minutes research I can see that they are basically just a PayPal clone along the lines of Revolution Money that Steve Case was promoting a few years ago.

There have been dozens of these over the past 10 years (ever since PayPal sold to eBay for big bucks) and not a single one of them got off the ground.

At least Skrill and ProPay actually exist as more than the investment scam that is obviously Stripes raison d'etre.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

You can keep Skrill, they are a rip off. I had them in the past and dumped them.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

Why is Skrill a rip-off? Their policies for protecting BUYERS is basically the same as PayPal (and every other payment processor).

Say what you want about Skrill/Moneybookers, fact is they are a real operation with a few millions users that has been actually operating for at least a decade.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

I looked at it just now. It is a Paypal wanna be. Probably hoping to get bought by eBay. That is what most of these outfits want, is to be bought out. PP is 100 times bigger than Stripe.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

I will tell you why they are a rip off

I set up my bank account and used them on Delcampe as tou are expected to. I tried to transfer money to my bank and the fee was I believe the fee was $2.65 and the transfer failed because they can't transfer to a Credit Union in Canada. Why did they not tell me they could not transfer to a Credit Union when I opened the account. They wou

@recped wrote:

Why is Skrill a rip-off? Their policies for protecting BUYERS is basically the same as PayPal (and every other payment processor).

Say what you want about Skrill/Moneybookers, fact is they are a real operation with a few millions users that has been actually operating for at least a decade.

ld not refund the $2.65 and I had to pay another $5.00 to get a check mailed to me.

Great way to do business and that is why they are a rip off and I closed the account. They may be fine in Europe but are a pain for here.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

That post got garbled so lets try again

I had an account for Delcampe, set up my bank acct and accepted payments. Rates no cheaper. Withdrew money and I believe the fee at that time was $2.65. The transfer bounced as they can not deposit to a Credit Union in Canada. Why did they not know that? They refused to refund the $2.65 and charged me another $5.00 to issue me a check. I closed my account.

Do some detailed reading of all their fees. They are worse than Paypal especially with exchange rates.

As far as Stripe goes, I use them on my website, and the electronic deposits are done automatically with no hassles. Plus they deposit to my US bank account in the US even though I live in Canada with no delays.

Remember, Paypal started small as well and if it was not for Ebay, they would be worse off than Stripe. Most of the Major hosted websites have Stripe buile into them and almost every other website will support them without PCI compliance as the do the processing for you. Why do you seem to have a problem with them?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

Your words of wisdom are so enlightning

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Stripe

After reading these two sites reviews on Skrill I dont think I would touch them with a 10 foot pole:

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/skrill.com

http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/credit-card-processors/skrill-moneybookers/

They sound worse than PP.

Stripe sounds interesting..and of course ebay wont allow them because they don't own them.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply