Stupid on line Canada Post Customs form

Has any one used the idiotic CP customs form in conjunction with the HS codes. Link is below

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/cdc?execution=e2s1

It takes forever to fill out. Anyone know how large it is when printed?

Personally, another brainchild from CP,  NOT!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Im confused. Why would you use this method? Dont you use the version on Pay Pal? Much easier.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I don't use it. I just happened to get an email from CP as I have a Venture one card so I had a look.

I don't use Paypal either as I send a lot letter mail and light packet and use discounted postage stamps.

I was just curious if anyone has looked at it as it is another stupid CP idea

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Not a stupid CP idea. It is becoming a worldwide requirement for all major post offices. CP is just conforming to the new world regulations agreed by the UPU.

You only need to fill this form out and bring to the post office for services with a barcode. 

Light Packet does not require it yet. Small Packet I do not think so either.  Xpresspost, Expedited Parcel need it. I do not know about Tracked Packet.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Seems easy to me.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I been using since May 20 with no problems, I wish it was a little smaller but it takes the same amount of time it took to the old forms by hand and when September comes it will be allot better than paying 2.00 at the PO.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Learn how to use it ....or ...pay the price....

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Works slick for me.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I don't think it's required with small packet or light packet. I still used the old small packet customs label forms that I got from the post office last year, wrote what item it was but also wrote what  HS code it is under item description, and the post office had no problem with it...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great idea. But will not submit and give me a barcode??? 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Has any one used the idiotic CP customs form in conjunction with the HS codes. Link is below

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/cdc?execution=e2s1

It takes forever to fill out. Anyone know how large it is when printed?

Personally, another brainchild from CP,  NOT!

It's been around as long as I can remember when shipping internationally. Just adds the information to the shipping label. Label is about half a 8 1/2 x 5. Make sure you sign the label before you seal the labelope.

Now if you're referring to the GUI/Web interface on Snap Ship or whatever that link opens, it could be condensed.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the problem may be out of date and no longer the situation. Advice may also be out of date and incorrect.

If you have a current problem with the January 2021 changes to shipping labels and customs forms, please start your own thread.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply