Subscription upgrade question.

I want to upgrade to a premium store but my present basic store level subscription began on Jan. 6.  I have already surpassed my free 250 and have well over 100 GTC listings that will end before the end of the month.  This will put me over the premium store cost on which I would get 500 free FP listings.

I remember last year I upgraded to premium in the middle of the subscription period but I can't remember if it took effect that month or the next month at the time of renewal for the basic store.  So my question is...would the free listings kick in immediately or would they not be in effect until the other subscription period ended?  I kind of think it is the latter but am not sure.

If it does kick in I will upgrade now.  Otherwise, I will end many of those GTC listings and re-schedule them to start in the new subscription period.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Subscription upgrade question.

I found my answer but the last update was 2014 so I hope this hasn't changed.

• 5. Changing your subscription

You can change your subscription at any time, including:

• Changing your Stores type
    • Changing your subscription duration

When upgrading your Stores subscription (changing your Stores type to one with more benefits, while keeping the same or upgrading to a higher subscription duration):

• Fees for your current subscription for the current invoice month are prorated and the unused portion of your current subscription is credited back to you. Your upgraded subscription fee is also prorated for the current invoice month and your new upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment from the plan being canceled ends immediately. (Any unused free-insertion-fee listings from your previous subscription allotment don't roll over.)
    • You receive upgraded Stores benefits immediately. You receive your allotment of free-insertion-fee listings for the new upgraded subscription immediately. Each month thereafter, you receive the applicable allotment of free-insertion-fee listings.
    • Your upgraded subscription's start date and renewal date is reset based on the date you change your subscription.
    • An early termination fee isn't charged if you upgrade your Stores subscription with the same or higher subscription duration.

When downgrading your Stores subscription (changing your Stores type to one with fewer benefits):

• You're billed for your current subscription through the end of the current calendar month. The following month, you're billed at the applicable fee for your new downgraded subscription.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your current subscription end when the current calendar month is over. Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your new downgraded subscription start the following calendar month.
    • If you have a yearly subscription and you downgrade to a lower yearly Stores type prior to last calendar month of the subscription, you're charged an early termination fee.
    • If you have a monthly subscription and you downgrade your Store type during the Prorated Period or the First Full Invoice Month:
      • You're billed for higher subscription fees for the Prorated Period and the First Full Invoice Month.
      • You receive higher subscription Stores benefits for the Prorated Period and the First Full Invoice Month.
      • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the First Full Invoice Month.
      • You're billed for downgraded subscription fees immediately after the First Full Month.
    • If you have a monthly subscription and downgrade after the First Full Invoice Month:
      • You're billed for higher subscription fees for the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • You receive all Stores benefits corresponding to the current higher subscription until the end of the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • You're billed for downgraded subscription fees immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.

When changing from a yearly Stores subscription to a monthly Stores subscription:

• The current yearly subscription is billed until the end of the current calendar month. The following month, you're billed the applicable fee for your new monthly subscription. If this change occurs prior to the last calendar month of your yearly subscription, you're also billed an early termination fee.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and Stores benefits for your current yearly subscription ends when the current calendar month is over. Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your new monthly subscription starts the following calendar month.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Subscription upgrade question.

I found my answer but the last update was 2014 so I hope this hasn't changed.

• 5. Changing your subscription

You can change your subscription at any time, including:

• Changing your Stores type
    • Changing your subscription duration

When upgrading your Stores subscription (changing your Stores type to one with more benefits, while keeping the same or upgrading to a higher subscription duration):

• Fees for your current subscription for the current invoice month are prorated and the unused portion of your current subscription is credited back to you. Your upgraded subscription fee is also prorated for the current invoice month and your new upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment from the plan being canceled ends immediately. (Any unused free-insertion-fee listings from your previous subscription allotment don't roll over.)
    • You receive upgraded Stores benefits immediately. You receive your allotment of free-insertion-fee listings for the new upgraded subscription immediately. Each month thereafter, you receive the applicable allotment of free-insertion-fee listings.
    • Your upgraded subscription's start date and renewal date is reset based on the date you change your subscription.
    • An early termination fee isn't charged if you upgrade your Stores subscription with the same or higher subscription duration.

When downgrading your Stores subscription (changing your Stores type to one with fewer benefits):

• You're billed for your current subscription through the end of the current calendar month. The following month, you're billed at the applicable fee for your new downgraded subscription.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your current subscription end when the current calendar month is over. Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your new downgraded subscription start the following calendar month.
    • If you have a yearly subscription and you downgrade to a lower yearly Stores type prior to last calendar month of the subscription, you're charged an early termination fee.
    • If you have a monthly subscription and you downgrade your Store type during the Prorated Period or the First Full Invoice Month:
      • You're billed for higher subscription fees for the Prorated Period and the First Full Invoice Month.
      • You receive higher subscription Stores benefits for the Prorated Period and the First Full Invoice Month.
      • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the First Full Invoice Month.
      • You're billed for downgraded subscription fees immediately after the First Full Month.
    • If you have a monthly subscription and downgrade after the First Full Invoice Month:
      • You're billed for higher subscription fees for the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • You receive all Stores benefits corresponding to the current higher subscription until the end of the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the calendar month which you elect to downgrade.
      • You're billed for downgraded subscription fees immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.

When changing from a yearly Stores subscription to a monthly Stores subscription:

• The current yearly subscription is billed until the end of the current calendar month. The following month, you're billed the applicable fee for your new monthly subscription. If this change occurs prior to the last calendar month of your yearly subscription, you're also billed an early termination fee.
    • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and Stores benefits for your current yearly subscription ends when the current calendar month is over. Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment and your Stores benefits for your new monthly subscription starts the following calendar month.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply