Suspended Again for "Offers to sell outside eBay"

OMG ebay. Are you really this stupid? 

Just received another suspension for offering to sell outside ebay. At no time did we discuss purchases outside ebay. This time they explained why at least.................................

My name and address show up on email.... are you serious?

The exact same info found in my profile and on every ebay email. You have a check box on your email preferences page allowing us to show this info as well as the store logo. I also collect HST/GST and am required to show this info. If asked in advance I am legally required to provide this information to any Canadian who inquires.

Even though my own website will cost double what ebay costs annually it will be worth the mental relief of never dealing with ebay's moronic software again. I will not miss having to do all the refunds (over 3000 since 2013, yes, that over $900.00 in extra PaPal fees) because your shopping cart is also effed for 5 years now! 

Time for a Class Action folks.....

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Let's start by bringing this to the attention of eBay staff

@tyler@ebay.com

In the Wednesday noon chat.

Suspending a seller for something they are required by law to provide, sounds ... odd.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Good point.

The GST number is required but I was thinking of the cash register tape in our now closed shop, which had the GSTnumber printed automatically and also had our business name and address.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Good point.

The GST number is required but I was thinking of the cash register tape in our now closed shop, which had the GSTnumber printed automatically and also had our business name and address.

Business name is required (with GST number).

Address on the register tape is free advertising. But not required for GST/HST.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@paulgg132 wrote:

The exact same info found in my profile and on every ebay email. You have a check box on your email preferences page allowing us to show this info as well as the store logo. I also collect HST/GST and am required to show this info. If asked in advance I am legally required to provide this information to any Canadian who inquires.

I'm aghast at reading your post.  Ludicrous hardly covers it!  And the point is not whether name and address are required to be shown when collecting HST/GST or not -- but that eBay has an option permitting it.  They need to clean up their programming act before letting the bots loose. OMG, paranoia is going haywire around here.  

I wonder if it's eBay's underlying hope (or purpose) to drive a lot of us "boutique" sellers off the site?  It certainly seems like the bum's rush by attrition.

Yet those of us who are still left standing are the very sellers eBay should be courting and protecting, its best, most effective longtime sellers who understand how to make buyers happy.  Will eBay regret this at some point?  Just musing...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I think the problem is being misunderstood.

I believe the issue is that the sellers address was included in an ebay email message to a "non/pre buyer" within the ebay messaging system.

We aren't supposed to provide any contact information through the ebay email messaging system, such as address, phone number or (non ebay) email address.

The contact information is included in the after sale stuff. What eBay is trying to prevent is pre sale sharing of contact information with their assumption it would only be used for off ebay sales.

Certainly the bots are scary things I've received warnings many times for "bad" words like invoice for example...which would normally come up when one is discussing a combined invoice or to purchase a number of items together so that I can reduce the shipping on an invoice....

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

May need different emails before and after sale, before sale with nothing and after sale with the information.

Ebay is becoming a company that is a dictatorship for sellers. They own nothing but want to make sure they control everything a seller does. 

It is becoming ridiculous but arguing is a waste of energy and time.

It is the old do as you are told without questioning why or go away.

That is what Ebay has become and will only get worse.

Many other companies have done the same thing to get rid of long time staff because they are the hardest to retrain to the new norm, right or wrong.

Ebay does not want long time small sellers because they are the ones that question almost everything, are the most vocal, and also the most resistant to change.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

OFC! Got the same 2 Warnings tonight on both of my eBay accounts ,for that reason i decided to cancel all my listing after had selling for over 12 years and givin commission fees on over $300 000 us income in transactions MADE ON EBAY! NO I NEVER SOLD ANYTHING OUTSIDE! **bleep**!

Thank you very much for you false acusation without any proove of what oyu pretending against me eBay.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Cancelled listings after no-contact warnings look only suspicious to eBay, not like an act of rebellion. If I were you, I’d instead call eBay to inquire what the violation had been, and state my case. If you’ve sold $300,000 in Merchandise here, you may be sorry to leave in haste. I know I’d miss $300,000 in revenue a lot sooner than eBay might notice its loss of 10 per cent commission on it.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I already did with my poor english language by trying to being understood by US eBay staff.  Unfortunately, the big mistake i did is replying to a buyer message (Newbie who never bought anything from me btw!) to contact paypal and switch browser if he having problem to make transaction on one of my listing, cuz it's what he asked me by questionning why he was not able to use his paypal account! The eBay support told me I was very lucky to not being shutted down and suspended, was only a warning she told me. Oh yes, thank you , what a great way to stay in touch with us ,I suggesting them to change they're approach cause this kind of warning turned me really upset .

Message 11 of 11
latest reply