TL crashed during Backup, lost all my items - need advice

So while doing my Compact and Backup on my main ID, TL crashed. Lost all my items, over 1,000 items. Not happy, happened just over a year ago too, but that was my fault, I think. Anyway, TL CS says to either do a "restore database" or import the Active and Ended items from my eBay. They said I would not lose my photos either way.

Just wanted to check with others to see which is the best way. I think I did the import from eBay last time, but with the help of a TL person on the phone with me all the time. Seems it took most of the day.

Also, I back up every 3 days, so I will be losing those 3 or 4 days of listings, etc. So wondering which is the best way to do things.

i knew I should have switched to Wonder Lister already!! Will do so very soon. I have very bad bursitis now, probably due to listing, so am limited to using my laptop for an hour a day. Could kick myself, if only I could get my leg that high! 😥😖

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

TL crashed during Backup, lost all my items - need advice

I'm so sorry to hear this happened.  But it sounds as if you do know that eBay is phasing out TL, apparently to be gone completely at some point.  It's probably not a good idea to rely on it anymore. 

I find that whenever eBay phases out a feature, it begins to "misbehave", so it may be wise to invest whatever time you can in backing up or switching to an outside listing management site now.  I've used Auctiva for years and I've always liked it, the service is excellent, continuity with eBay is perfect, and the cost has remained stable for a very long time.  There are many others of course.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply