The RIGHT way to ship items

Just thought I would drop a little note here in case there are newbies to eBay who have questions on shipping items.  We run a facebook group for resellers and I often see people asking how they should pack items - from mugs to posters to shoes to china....

Sometimes the the responses to these shock me as folks give advice saying "pop it in a bubble envelope" or "use boxes from a grocery store". 

My philosophy is this - I pack things the way I would WANT to receive them.  That simple.

I wouldn't want to get collectible action figure on a card  or a tea cup stuck in a bubble envelope. I wouldn't want to get something sent in an old food box. 

Remember, that even if you sell one thing - its business - and how you represent yourself could affect a first time buyer on ebay thinkings "yuck - is this how things get packed" and they may never buy again. 

Pack it nice, don't think twice and you may even end up with repeat buyers! 

WOOF! Baddog from 2DogsDigs

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

At the turn of the millennium I attended an eBay seminar where a Canada Post office spoke.

He told us that on the conveyor belts that handle most shipping travelling through the PO terminals, any given parcel may drop up to two feet and the next shipment could weigh up to 50 lbs.

In addition to your wise words, sellers should keep in mind that information and pack accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7u8B-iGyL0

Did anyone else notice the package at 0:29 that was covered in postage stamps?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The package with stamps is hard to see. It flips up for a brief split second and back down. I had to look at the video several times to catch it.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have always packed all my items super well. Some people might think I overpack. Never had one broken item yet in 18 years of selling. I have shipped china, figurines, glass & heavy electronics. My biggest big beef is when people ship items by just throwing them in a box & hoping for the best. I have received a few damaged goods over the years from careless packing. I wish eBay would have a box for us to give rating stars for packing when leaving feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply