The fees are outrageous!

Is it just me or the amount of money ebay is taking from sellers now making it not worth selling anymore? They are even putting fees on the sales tax??? What on earth? They are being extremely greedy 😡

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: The fees are outrageous!

Many sellers think they are paying postage costs when they are actually being paid by their customer to buy shipping services.

And others think they are paying sales taxes on the purchase when they are paying "only" eBay's fees on the entire payment -- which includes the tax paid by the buyer to their own government.

In competitive markets sellers are the ones hurted. Buyers won't pay $100 + $20 shipping + 10% taxes for a $100 item. They'll want to pay $100 for a $100 item. And if you can't do that, someone else will do. You won't be able to sell. In my category there is groups of 20 000 persons doing private transactions on fb. People avoid ebay like plague. Not even talking about the fact as a buyer i gotta pay taxes while i have no return since i'm under 30k. In only 2 years they increased fees by like 5% with FVF and promoted listing doubled. Paypal charge 3% for transactions, ebay charges 13%+++. Ebay is just getting a last resort option. 

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

I find it funny how what they do can be considered legal. So you charge a fee then add tax from purchasers country and charge a fee on that then charge seller taxes for fee on taxes for a different country. I know Canadian government lets collectors of tax keep a % but thats not enough for eBay they ALWAYS want more. Now even fixed went from $0.30 to $0.40 but it wasnt going to cost more that Paypal...It has NEVER been even let alone less. With PayPal atleast money was instant not days later.

No other business is able to charge taxes then fee for collecting taxes. The greed will cost them in the end, they lose sellers due to cost then want the ones left to make up the difference.
Message 62 of 64
latest reply

Well Canada is opposite we can't charge double the shipping cost who in the U.S would pay $50 to ship a card? I charge $20 shipping for best offer to U.S and cheapest before supplies I have paid is $22.
Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@sniper10000 wrote:
Well Canada is opposite we can't charge double the shipping cost who in the U.S would pay $50 to ship a card? I charge $20 shipping for best offer to U.S and cheapest before supplies I have paid is $22.

You really need to be using eBay labels (at least for your less expensive cards where you don't need signature).  You can ship the cards with expedited lite / tracked packet USA for about $8 to Canada or the States.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply