The joys of dealing with a bot when you report listings

hlmacdon
Community Member

Reported listings from a seller in my niche a while back for pretty blatant listing violations (website address in watermark on photos as well as their store logo). The ebay bot appears to have slapped me with a penalty in return for doing that and now any attempts to report a listing result in: Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields. Please enter a valid item number for a listing that has not ended. Not a bug and appears to be a manual reporting block as reporting listings from another account works fine. AI Robot Mad  gone rouge? Is there some sacrificial offering we have to make to the bot to undo this? laughing 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@hlmacdon 

At minimum ebay.de & ebay.fr it is possible to include email/mailing addresses and phone numbers. Not sure if this is supposed to be permitted. Just thought it was strange when I spotted several times from various German & French sellers and knew it was verboten on dot ca. I guess to coin a phrase...C'est la vie & Es ist das Leben!!!  The bots ran amuck ages ago!!! Robot LOLbeersbeersbeers

-LotZ

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@hlmacdon 

At minimum ebay.de & ebay.fr it is possible to include email/mailing addresses and phone numbers. Not sure if this is supposed to be permitted. Just thought it was strange when I spotted several times from various German & French sellers and knew it was verboten on dot ca. 

-LotZ

I can see there might be some regional variance there given the err..interesting nature of European commerce laws in relation to ours. Links to your ecommerce store or social media pages where you are selling carry the universal banned activity  however. I don't ever expect anything to come of an individual report but it's nevertheless amusing when the bot blows a gasket over being asked to run it's code. Temperamental things they are. I very much look forward to the day when AI is banned from vehicles, it'll be one heck of a demolition derby when they find out. laughing

Message 3 of 3
latest reply