The word " Indian" in your ad anywhere! Mine was Indian Motel matchbook. Got kicked out!!

I am selling matchbooks. One was a 40 year old Indian Trail Motel, Bay City, Michigan and it triggered something from ebay about banned native artefacts, etc. I was unable to answer yes or no to any potential problem and was unable to continue making my ad. Guilty until proven innocent! How do you sell a Cleveland Indians baseball sweater or an old Indian motorcycle??? This political correctness stuff has to stop!  So, how do I sell this matchbook properly, correctly, safely???

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: The word " Indian" in your ad anywhere! Mine was Indian Motel matchbook. Got kicked ou

For me, this concept of using "the catalog" as a description for an item has just muddied everything. It's caused a seller not being permitted to accurately describe their product clearly because adding descriptive words to their titles have now become search manipulation infractions.  Words that are now getting blocked by supposed AI bots & political correctness.   Add the way rules get unevenly enforced, it's no longer a fair playing field for your average seller. For the buyer, it's caused what used to be a  simple search into a major obstacle course with hoops to jump through to find what they were actually looking for. This is making the whole process much more difficult for buyers and sellers to achieve the original goal. Sellers to list accurately/honestly at the price they so choose to make a few dollars and buyers to find exactly what they are looking for, where they are looking for it at the price they want.

-Lotz

In the name of political correctness, there was no intention to offend anyone, in any way, shape or form with this post. upside_down

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Re: The word " Indian" in your ad anywhere! Mine was Indian Motel matchbook. Got kicked ou

I had no warnings just blocking. Had no recourse.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Collectables....matchbooks.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Overkill is correct! It was a matchbook!!

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Yes, it's there for protection, but it stops any legal ads just as well. Not their intent I presume. Should be modified.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

False advertising is the solution?

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Simply call me a fifth generation honky white north American- Canadian of European decent. We all need labels.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

Ebay needs to fine tune this system to do the proper job only.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Yes. It all seems random at best.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

I don't know if there are any more Indian Trail Motels left out there. I'll bet not.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

Hate this randomness. What's not alright on Monday is alright on Thursday?

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

The ads have no offensive words in them, that's all.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply