Tracked Package

What are the limits for this service?

I have had a few issues with ebay recently trying to used this for 8x10 sized packages

The other day I got a Carrier limit is close to being exceeded message. Package was

36x28x2 (199g) ( so i shaved a few cm off the package to make it work)

Today I tried to do another one with

33x27x3 (199g) and the label "failed" and gave me a red error message saying the label wasnt created, however it was? and i got an email with my label AFTER i tried again and created one for 33x27x2 (i was close to the 2cm so I wanted a buffer with 3cm) So i have no VOIDED the 1st label that gave me an error that it couldnt be created. So soemthing to watch for!!!!

I cant seem to find limits on the canada post site easily anyone know what they are for this service?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tracked Package

byto253
Community Member

For tracked and small packet the LxWxD has to be 90cm or less and up to 2 kg.   Rate tiers are 100g, 250g, 500g, 1.5kg and 2 fk.

2cm height is not relevant for tracked packet, that is an oversize lettermail constraint.   Just wondering if you were looking for lettermail info vs tracked packet?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

I don't know the limits from Canada Post site itself but am very familiar with this size since this is the size of the kraft bubble mailers I've used hundreds of times to ship my doll clothes. 36 x 28 x 3 is what I use for mine which is bubble mailer with thin backer boards inside, the occassional time when I am combining several items the width goes up to 7 or 8 even and has always worked for tracked packet. There is a price change when it goes over 250 grams but that doesn't give a warning. The only time I haven't been able to ship with Tracked Packet USA is if one side was 40" (or more) or weight was over 2 kilograms - then they have to go Expedited Parcel. Since the form seems to prefer items under 33 inches on length and the mailer is easy to fold I sometimes bend the longest part over when I seal it shut so it is that few inches less (not sure if that is an option for you depending what is inside). The part I don't understand is why it didn't matter with Shippo and Canada Post was carrier either way.

I used Shippo for several years but have been using eBay labels since they've had their great discounts.

I have received the "warning your parcel may exceed" when I've used the envelope dimensions however it always still let me print the label and I felt (fairly) confident I wouldn't be hit with the extra charges since I had sent so many out and never got the warning with Shippo. Even for the weight Tracked Packet is lower under 250 grams so at 199 the weight would not be an issue. I have had a couple of times I had to tweek the sizes to allow for me to use the Expedite Lite (for sending same size within Canada) as the depth has to stay below 3 inches. The label for Expedited Lite always changes to print 5 x 5 x 5 so it wasn't an issue and they have the weight maximum of 200 grams.

I've taken a couple of weeks off for dealing with family matters so I haven't tried it in couple of weeks so hoping nothing has changed again, and hoping I can jump back in before the rates increase again Dec.31.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

Didn't realize byto had posted, we must have been typing at same time.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

Thanks, Glad I am not the only one seeing this error message. I ran out of my 8x10 cardboard mailers I got from ebay years ago when they had them lol and had to figure soemthing else so the 36x28 bubble mailers I have from ebay was next up but was causing issue. When I plugged the info on Canada Post no such carrier limit warning was showing so i was confused!

I did fold the envelope as close to the end of the cardboard this last time and thats when I got 2 ;abels printed even tho it "failed" but clearly didnt fail, so thats a bit of a concern with the ebay labels. I think it should say something like "you already have a label generated for this order, are you sure you want to generate another" before you are allowed to create another label

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

@regs43 wrote:

What are the limits for this service?

I have had a few issues with ebay recently trying to used this for 8x10 sized packages

The other day I got a Carrier limit is close to being exceeded message. Package was

36x28x2 (199g) ( so i shaved a few cm off the package to make it work)

Today I tried to do another one with

33x27x3 (199g) and the label "failed" and gave me a red error message saying the label wasnt created, however it was? and i got an email with my label AFTER i tried again and created one for 33x27x2 (i was close to the 2cm so I wanted a buffer with 3cm) So i have no VOIDED the 1st label that gave me an error that it couldnt be created. So soemthing to watch for!!!!

I cant seem to find limits on the canada post site easily anyone know what they are for this service?

@regs43 

@msau4301 

@byto253 

devon@ebay 

Do you mean this issue? (I printed a copy of the error message to have back up if I needed down the road).  I've had it come up with large bubble envelops and slightly bulkier boxes that were never an issue with Shippo. This has been posted about for several months (maybe 4) but as far as I know has never been officially addressed.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1701277778619.png

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

Yes lotz, that's the exact one I'm referring to. I've got it several times myself when doing the large 9"x 13" (approx 35 x 25 cm) bubble envelopes. I do understand them trying to warn us if it is getting "close" to limits but it is intimidating and not sure why Shippo never gave the message - I always use the same size packaging as I sell mostly the same items so know best packaging that works for me over past nine years.

I do remember seeing posts about this issue previously too as you say.

I've not however had the issue of getting "failed" message as regs43 has posted, not sure about that one.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

@msau4301 

Same for me on not getting the failed error. Just the error message made me nervous and after the fact...if there is an issue there is no way to make up any discrepancy. If you are using close to accurate measurements in your listing that error message (if there is an actual problem) should display before porting the listing to eBay. It seems to be a bad interpretation of the official CP rules on cubing and how it relates to SPA & Tracked.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

@regs43 

Here is a link for min and max sizes for international parcels with Canada Post.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Package

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@regs43 

Here is a link for min and max sizes for international parcels with Canada Post.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

Thanks

so

Length + width + height max 90cm  is that just 36+28+2 = 63 aka NOT close to limits? since the ebay thing was trying to tell me it was 97 or 99cm. The only way you would come up with that kind of calculation would be 36x2 + 28 = 100

Yeah I had a FAILED attempt with a red error at the top after using whatever the dimensions were and then i tried againa nd my orer landed up with 2 labels, and NO warrning that I already have a label for this order, do I want to proceed.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply