Tracked Packet - USA problems with new "LA" number ??

Anyone else having problems with the new "LA" number for Tracked Packet - USA  ?

I made 2 labels for 2 different tracked packet - USA on Sunday afternoon.  The tracking number started with "LA" instead of "LM".   I tried to drop off these 2 packages at 3 different post offices today and they wouldn't scan in.    I also ended calling Canada Post (regular helpdesk and techncial helpdesk) a few times today.  From what the Canada Post told me, with the system upgrade they had this weekend, the tracking numbers start with "LA" now.  Canada Post also suggested I void the labels and redo them, which I did tonight, but the new labels still start with "LA".

Has anyone printed tracked packet - labels since Sunday and did your labels start with "LM" or "LA".  As well, were your packages scanned in at the post office ?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Has anyone printed tracked packet - labels since Sunday and did your labels start with "LM" or "LA". 

I just sent a few packages Tracked Packet-USA his afternoon and the Tracking Numbers started with the two letter code "LM".

I should note that I don't create my labels on-line as everything is done in-person by the Postal Clerk at the Post Office. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Yes, mine was FUBAR today too. Still doesn’t say Accepted despite having been dropped off at 11:15 am.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I also had a tracked packet US label today that started with LA and the postal outlet couldn’t scan it either.  I debated on taking it home and cancelling it but the mgr at the postal outlet told me they would be able to scan it at the sorting center.  I was hesitant but wanted to get it out today so I took the chance.  There is no update so far but it probably won’t be at the sorting Center until later tonight.  

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Printed online via Shippo. I’ll call the postal desk tomorrow to ask what she knows. There was a supervisor there today by coincidence and she managed said it wasn’t her first problem with a USA Tracked Packet that morning.

LA200015102CA

I’m going to be highly irritated if this LA vs LM issue becomes a problem.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Tracking says ‘processed’ now with a time stamp of 9:55 pm yesterday. (That wasn’t shown until long past 10 pm.)
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I'm just back from the postal outlet and my tracked parcel to USA starting with LA, would not scan - came up as invalid tracking number.

The clerk took it anyway and hopefully it will be scanned tonight once it gets into the system.

Sheesh, always something!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Something else I noticed.
When I click on the tracking number in my "orders" section, it takes me
directly to USPS not Canada Post. Maybe this is something new related to the LA instead of LM on the tracking number.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Went back to my regular post office this morning and my packages still could not be scanned in.  The post office called the Canada Post helpdesk and the helpdesk said to accept the packages and that the packages would be scanned in when the packages reached the postal depot later tonight.  I just checked and both packages show as processed.  Canada Post helpdesk said it was a Canada wide issue that tracked packet - USA are having issues being scanned in at the postal outlets right now.  However, the postal outlets should still accept the packages.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

LA numbers are still not originating properly for me either at the postal outlet, but once they hit the depot it shows scans properly.   Other international tracked packet and expedited are working as usual. 

- Ottawa 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Having the same problem as everyone else here with the tracked packets beginning with "LA". Of course the people at Canada Post don't have a clue. 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Yep, also happened to me with a LA. I ended it up leaving it with them unscanned which I hate, but then it looks like it was scanned in at the Canada Post depot around 45 minutes later.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine with LA got scanned at my local small town post office today, no problem.  I am glad as I am very obsessed with tracking number and require to see where my items go from A to B, B to C, etc.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I have another USA-bound shipment for dispatch tomorrow. Assuming it gives me an 'LA' number when I print the label via Shippo tonight, I'll report back if mine is scan-able. Maybe it's an authorized dealer versus proper post office system problem?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

When a Tracked Packet US parcel is taken to a postal outlet....

The tracking number starts with an ... LM.

There has never been an LA... in all my years with a Tracked Packet US

My parcels all get taken to a local postal outlet.

If a parcel is taken  early in the morning... at about 9:00 AM  ... the parcel gets processed further by Canada Post  late in the evening.... at about 9:30 PM

If a parcel is taken late in the day...  at about 4:00 PM ...  The parcel gets processed early in the evening at about 7:00 PM.

Delivering  a parcel after 6:00 PM... and the parcel shows delivery to the post office outlet.,  but is is picked up in the morning of the next day  and then processed further  later in the day.

Tracking starts when the parcel is delivered to a postal outlet..... and that is the first time for tracking on eBay... This becomes the shipped on date...

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:
...Tracking starts when the parcel is delivered to a postal outlet..... and that is the first time for tracking on eBay... This becomes the shipped on date...

Tracking starts when the the parcel is first scanned.   If the postal outlet does not scan the parcel (for whatever reason), then tracking does not start at the outlet.

-..-

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

No scan on acceptance at the authorized postal dealer (Shoppers) for my LA label today. The clerk thought (hoped) this might fix itself with the ‘next regularly scheduled maintenance’ over the weekend.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I do the same thing as you. I don't make up labels at home for the US or International.  I take them to the post office & have it done in person.  Have had no problems as the Tracked labels all start with LM.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I took another LA tracked parcel to the postal outlet (Shoppers) today and this time it was scanned OK but no receipt.

Like the last one, when I click on the tracking # in my "Orders" it takes me right to USPS.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

How can Canada Post goof this up, don't they test ??.  Geez did they hire some Ebay programmers. Sounds like the outlets terminals may need some software upgrade to reflect the changes. Hope it sorts out.

As for receipts it has always annoyed me that you don't receive a receipt depending on the service. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply