Tracking I entered does not show up

The tracking number I entered on my "Manage all orders" page does not show up... it only shows up when I click on the Order Details page... anyone else having this problem?

I tried to enter it again, but it is still in the field where you add the tracking number... really strange!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@lady.stark wrote:

The tracking number I entered on my "Manage all orders" page does not show up... it only shows up when I click on the Order Details page... anyone else having this problem?

I tried to enter it again, but it is still in the field where you add the tracking number... really strange!

If it's a UR xxx xxx xxx CA with no spaces to the USA (US Small Packet Air) it will only show IF it gets scanned in the USA at customs and then any additional scans along the way. Small Packet International Air will not get any updated details. For other services there can be delays/or completely missed scans being updated between eBay and Canadapost/USPS etc due to bulk scanning dumps and random glitches.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It shows up on the Order Details page?

That's fine.

You only need tracking if the shipment is delayed and the customer is asking about it.

EBay only needs tracking if a Dispute for INR is opened and you need to show that it actually has been received.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's a UR xxx xxx xxx CA with no spaces to the USA (US Small Packet Air) it will only show IF it gets scanned in the USA at customs and then any additional scans along the way. Small Packet International Air will not get any updated details. For other services there can be delays/or completely missed scans being updated between eBay and Canadapost/USPS etc due to bulk scanning dumps and random glitches

Lotz is correct tracking via air is only good as a delivery scan it provides no tranist status only delivery. Careful with this as well if you told a client this was tracked they will question the status . Better to keep it for INR claim ebay can retrieve the delivery conformation if it's done on the other end. Basically it's an international e-packet
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Maybe I did not explain myself correctly... it does not show in the red circle I draw in the attached photo. And it should, it *always* does even for Small Packets UR numbers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Maybe I did not explain myself correctly... it does not show in the red circle I draw in the attached photo. And it should, it *always* does even for Small Packets UR numbers.

I have a feeling something is going on behind the scenes with eBay tracking. I had 2 parcels go out yesterday. One expedited to Edmonton and another tracked to the USA. When I looked late last night there were no details in ebay for the Edm shipment and on the way for the Tracked shipment. eBay now(this evening) shows full updates details as of yesterday/today for Edm and blanks for the tracked shipment. Canadapost shows the tracked shipment in Richmond. Whenever I check the Canadapost website it is always closer to real time updates.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My problem was not with the updates. My problem was that the link "Add tracking number" was still showing instead of the actual numbers I entered. So this morning, I decided to click on the link again, deleted the numbers I entered, saved it and went back to add them again. It now shows up!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply