Tracking

Why when you upload tracking info to PayPal does it say this (when you click on track):

It is so annoying. Also, I upload my tracking and my funds are still on hold for 21 days. What's the point of tracking then?

500 Dispatching Error

Error:-26
Version:7200
Component:HTTP_ROUTE
Date/Time:Wed Apr 16 21:48:04 2014
Module:http_route_mt.c
Line:3358
Server:cpcem_PE1_98
Error Tag:{03e9fb29}
Detail:no valid destination server available for '!ALL' rc=4

© 2001-2009, SAP AG
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Tracking

The Hold is on all new and occasional sellers as a form of Buyer Protection. It is applied to new sellers, sellers in high value/high fraud categories and to sellers with violations on their selling accounts.

It will be removed when you meet the parameters in the Seller's Agreement.

The tracking is a form of Seller Protection. Should a sketchey or more likely impatient buyer ask where his parcel is, you will be able to show him. If he opens an Item Not Recieved dispute, the tracking number is the first line of defence. You won't actually win such a dispute until the tracking shows as Delivered however.

BTW, this is one reason why a demand by a buyer for cheaper, untracked shipping should be given a cynical look. It is a common scam to ask for cheaper shipping and then open an INR and win it, since the seller cannot prove delivery. Doesn't happen often, but it happens.

Personally, as a seller I don't use tracking choosing instead to self-insure against loss. But my buyers are readers, seamstresses and collectors of stamps and postcards, a very honest bunch. YMMD.

OT- do you have a scanner? Those cigarette cards and other flat items are best scanned rather than photographed. Allows the customer to see more detail too.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Tracking

You didn't really answer my main question (the error that I am getting).

The reason I asked about funds and tracking is because one time I uploaded tracking information and the funds for the sale were released immediately. Why not every time? It's ridiculous.

I won't use tracking for small items anymore.

As for the cigarette cards...people are either interested or there not. Scanning each one is not going to make a difference. No interest in the cards whatsoever. Maybe one day I will find a buyer, but I'm not worried about it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Tracking

Scanning each one is not going to make a difference.

Save some time & scan them in lots my friend.

Like Femme mentioned, the seller will have the ability to see all the details.

May not make a difference, but it is worth a shot.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply