Trying to sell item on ebay.ca but it's showing me USA shipping options.

I'm trying to sell item on ebay.ca but it's showing me USA shipping options. Specifically a VES remote. I do sell similar but when it creates the draft it's only showing USA shipping options as if i'm selling on ebay.com but i'm definitely on ebay.ca . I could start a listing from scratch but I want to know why this is happening.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I could start a listing from scratch but

Are you trying to relist a closed listing? Because you can only Relist (or Sell Similar) to the same site as the original listing.

The programming will either tell you that, or automatically switch to the  "right" site.

What currency is the new listing in?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Quite a few of your listings were done on .com so if you are using sell similar on those ones they will default to the US site.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/07-14-Routan-Chrysler-Dodge-VES-Wireless-Remote-05091149AA/282651858271?hash...

that is the listing i'm using sell similar with. I rarely have this issue and I'm sure the items have often been originally posted on .com but i use .ca for searching for the item.  It shows the currency in Canadian in the draft i'm using.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

Are you sure? I use sell similar all the time on .ca and i'm pretty sure the listings were actually posted to .com.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes I’m sure.  The listings on each site are in a different currency and have different shipping options so you can’t use sell similar between the 2 sites. 

Btw, are you actually going to send your Sakura Wars DVD to Canadians for $3US via UPS?   If you specify ups you need to use them.  When listing on .com most Canadians use the generic shipping from outside the US for US shipping and standard or economy  intl shipping to canada

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That was originally listed on dotCOM which is why the price shows first in US dollars and only in loonies as a "footnote".

You'll notice that shipping to Canada shows as International Priority Shipping which also indicates that you were unable to use Canada Post when listing.

If you go to the Sell Similar and it is on dotCOM, you can switch the description to HTML and then cut and paste that to a desktop document.

Then find the picture you used (do you keep a file of those?) or take a new one.

You will have to go to dotCA to relist in loonies and to use Canada Post shipping.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply