Two sold listings just dissapeared

This is not my day. I sold two radios this morning - both were paid with PayPal. I just looked in My Summary and they are both gone. I searched for both item numbers and neither number shows - just comes up with a big zero. The are still in the PayPal account and the payments are still there - thank god.

Anyone ever have this happen?  Not the end of the world but it alarms me.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

It's not ever happened to me but I can assure you I wouldn't like it either.

I've had no sales today so I cannot comment on whether this phenomena affects only you or if it may be more widespread. 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

This is not my day. I sold two radios this morning - both were paid with PayPal. I just looked in My Summary and they are both gone. I searched for both item numbers and neither number shows - just comes up with a big zero. The are still in the PayPal account and the payments are still there - thank god.

Anyone ever have this happen?  Not the end of the world but it alarms me.

Reports of sold items disappearing (iirc just temporarily) have been around from time to time since about a year ago.

As a double check look at your ebay Account > Summary > Fees

-..-

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Yep your are right - they are both in my Account and they show up in PayPal. No where else.

Trust eBay to get their pound of flesh when everything else disappears.

Thanks - I guess.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

It's getting worse - my whole sold section is gone and it seems I can't get it back.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Can you do a File Download from the File Management Centre? Do they show up that way?
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

IMG_9337.JPG

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Yep - tried that too - nothing.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

That's cray-cray. Had the sold items/orders been at least dispatched before they vanished? Do you use a third-party lister that might be throwing a wrench into the works? That which you describe has literally never happened to me and I'm like a litmus test for every weird thing to happen on ebay except that I don't use anything other than ebay to create or manage my listings. 

My latest thing is to have weird objects show in my Recently Viewed folder on my phone... stuff I've never shopped for... it's someone else's search history.... I've been meaning to create a thread about that to see how many other people to which it happens.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

What if you click your user ID and then Items for Sale and then filter into completed and sold? Can you access them like that?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Are these the ones you mean?

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 8.14.46 AM.png

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Yes that's them - the bottom two are still not showing in My Summary - how did you do that and how do I do it.

Thanks

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Okay. You click your user ID and then Items for Sale at top right, and you get the list of active listings which you then filter at the side for Solds. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Like:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.26.55 AM.png

And then:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.27.14 AM.png

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

It's useful back door to finding stuff. I've had to use it in the past when I've accidentally deleted Unsold Items prior to relisting them. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Ya thanks I just tried it and there they are. I wonder why they are not showing up any where, else cause if you search for them by item number they come up zero. The only one showing in My eBay is the top one the others are missing in action.

Thank you for the help.

Short of calling eBay, if anyone has any ideas about how to get them back into my Summary please let me know.

Well I am having a good week-end of sales anyway -  perhaps I better not complain.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

when you look at your sold listings in our summary, is the status set to  'All'?

The only way you can find sold items by item number now is to go to your sold items like mj described and then search using the item number.  I noticed that a while ago though I don't know if it is like that consistently.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

when you look at your sold listings in our summary, is the status set to  'All'?

The only way you can find sold items by item number now is to go to your sold items like mj described and then search using the item number.  I noticed that a while ago though I don't know if it is like that consistently.

Nope, I tried that they don't show under item numbers either in general search or the one you described. All the sold ones show up except the missing two.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

So your in your summary sold items are set to show ALL sold...not just paid sold ones or shipped paid ones etc..?

Are those the items sold on the 4th?  When I searched for one by item number in general search, I entered the item number of one of them, searched, clicked on sold items on the left and the item came up. When I entered the other 2 items sold that day by searching sold items, they came up as well 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Summary is set to all and only this one shows up - 252765258862  The others do not show up and they also do no show up in general search, archived or sold.

They only show up in ID search, Account and PayPal - nowhere else. I can't get them to show up in a general search of eBay - just the one above.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply