US Bank Account with US PayPal Account

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure what happened there. Not really sure I like the new forums.

I have a US PayPal account attached to a US bank account (in the US). I got notifcatiin to switch to managed payment with a link that says something about ticking here if you wan5 it sound in US dollars. Right now it is of course paid in whatever currency it is listed in. With this new system is there no option for this? If not I sure do not feel that eBay is supplying good service to their sellers with thus new payment system. Is anyone else in this same situation & has switched? Wondering how it will work?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

With Managed Payments we can attach only Canadian bank accounts.

I am told that the Canadian bank account can be in US dollars (or I suppose euros or renmimbi) but since that means our USD payments would be subject to foreign exchange, I'm still holding out.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

I really wish you would explain why you have said that if ebay transfers a $US payment to a $US Canadian bank account, why there would be exchange paid.  You've been asked this a few times but haven't replied. It doesn't make sense to me as to why a currency exchange would happen then but perhaps you have information that I'm not aware of? 

How would this be different from when a $US payment was deposited into a $US bank? Either way is it US to US$

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My PayPal account has a US (located in the US) bank account attached.  How will this work with managed payments?  My understanding was that they were still working on a solution for this. It has been no problem for PayPal for years now do do not understand why the big deal. I got an email from eBay this week saying if I wanted to continue selling on eBay I needed to sign up for managed payments but was very vague as to how it worked. I know others on this Board had the same type of account as me & wondered if anyone like me had signed up & how it worked?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Right now Canadians in MP that sell on .com need to have a Canadian bank  account. Theo payouts from sales on ,com will be converted to $C to be deposit into their bank account. They've talked about making some changes in the future such as allowing money to be deposited into $US dollar accounts in a Canadian bank but I have no idea if it will ever be possible to deposit the US funds into a US bank.  

They did say at one time that Canadian sellers who currently list on .com won't be forced to use MP until there is a better way to deal with the different currencies but I don't know if that's still the case.  I suspect that's why reallynicestamos hasn't had to register yet even though she was asked to a while ago.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I was asked to register and actually filled out the thing they sent a long time ago.. but haven't been forced over. I list a lot on both .com and .ca   ...  I'm fine with the way it is now , hopefully they're as slow getting MP out to us as they are to fix the shipping coupon bug(s) . 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply