US Buyer trying to purchase but ebay won't allow.

Hi,

In the past 2 weeks, I had about 10 clients from the US tell me they could not purchase the item because they get a message saying the seller hasn't given a shipping cost for this order.

I'm checking each listing and cannot find why they cannot purchase, all the info (weight, service)  is set up.

My US sales have gone down in the past weeks but not compleately, some are still able to purchase. I'm trying to figure out why some can still purchase and others not.

The most recent item with this glitch is: 361371886746 

Has this happened to anyone else?

thanks for your help

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I checked the item you mentioned, and I see your Canada Post Small Packet rate for the U.S., so it should be displayed to a U.S. buyer. 

You might want to bring this up at the next Wednesday Board session -- Raphael can check into it for you.  Be sure to keep a record of at least two of the listings on which this occurred so you can give him the listing #s.  I doubt if there's any point calling eBay customer service, since those people don't generally have a clue where it comes to site bugs and glitches.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just checked it on my US ID and of course did not buy it but after hitting buy it now, it shows up properly with shipping and the commit to buy is there. As I said, I did not commit. Maybe ask one of your buyers exactly when they get the message and to take screen shots and send them to you. I know that may be a pain but only real way to find out.

There is however no add to cart button due to the cart issue between the US & Canada.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The ones that are failing, are they trying to buy simply a single item, or multiples all at once?

The one you show, I can see no reason why the buyer cannot complete the transaction for that.

I went in through FF as me, no problem. Went in through IE anonymous and everything showed. I did not form the intent to buy, but, everything is showing correctly.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

they are trying to buy single items, it does not seem to be the shopping cart problem. They see the shipping rate but when the commit to buy the message appears that I didn't give a shipping cost for this order.

I asked them to provide more info , if they were buying from a phone, tablet or computer but I didn't get any info back. Often clients would simply say: I found the item elsewhere.

Only 1 client so far was able to purchase the item the day after he first tried. 

This does not seem to be happening to anyone else yet, wonder what's wrong with some of my listings. I list on ebay.ca. 

I'll bring it up on wednesday board session

thanks for the help

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

As others said, that particular item number is fine but there are at least a dozen listings that show as 'shipping not specified' to the U.S.

To see which listings, go' to see other items'.

Use sort order 'price plus shipping lowest first' and change your location on the top right of the page to a U.S. zip code - I use 92210.  You might have to refresh the page to see the U.S. shipping quotes.

Go to the last page and at the bottom, you will see the shipping not specified listings.

This usually happens when you use calculated shipping and the dimensions are too small  for the shipping service specified, especially with Canada Post expedited USA.  The minimum measurements for an expedited USA package are 21cm x 14cm x 0.5 CM.    The minimum measurements for domestic expedited are 10cm x 7cm x 1 mm so your listing may show a cost for Canada but not for the U.S. The calculator does not flag you when the dimensions are too small or too large.

You do have one listing - the Cupid Smurfette - that doesn't have a shipping cost for Canada or the U.S.     

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think I figured out this glitch. Here is the solution if anyone else has this problem:

for the items that buyers could not purchase I noticed that I put the worldwide shipping rate first and the US shipping rate second. I use the Canada Post calculated shipping tool for shipments.

As soon as I revised the listing and put the US rate first and then the rate for worldwide , the buyers were able to purchse (it worked for 2 clients so far).

Unfortunately there is no way to know which listings I did this without revising each one.

hope this explanation is clear.

thanks

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That's interesting, I've never heard of that being a problem before but I am always learning something new.

I'm glad that you were able to figure it out. Smiley Happy

You should be able to tell which ones have a problem by sorting them as I described in my other post? You still have about 10 listings that don't show a shipping cost to the U.S.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply