USPS California NIGHTMARES - use netparcel instead

Hi everyone

As we all know ,with covid-19, the fires and now the political stuff coming into play, USPS is in a really bad spot. Especially when it comes to sending stuff to the west coast (im on the east coast if that matters), I have one parcel stuck in INBOUND OUT OF CUSTOMS since AUGUST 19 going to the LA area. Another parcel, tracking just fell off, sent same day to Bay area. I opened Canada Post cases, USPS cases and NOTHING. I have started using netparcel for UPS and had no issues so far (and much faster delivery with same prices as USPS). I highly recommend the switch over for anyone who ships primarily to USA. Other than that, anyone else having major issues with USPS delays?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't understand, are you shipping by Canada Post? Because you are posting to the Canada Board.

Canada Post does hand off to USPS, but then so does UPS if they decide that it is too expensive for them to deliver themselves.  Usually this is to remote and rural addresses, since USPS is required to ship anywhere.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Curious to see how all this will affect Canadian sellers in the west. Most everything I send to the USA is Small Pkt service. Calgary, Richmond...LAX/SF for clearing and then forwarded to wherever. May need to send a few messages advising buyers to expect delays to be proactive. Unfortunately, most buyers are still under the impression it's from my door to theirs. Directly. No stops in between.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had 5 packages go through Kent WA on the weekend...so far so good. But i have 8 that I dropped off yesterday that may get stuck there or in SFO if operations are affected. Nuts! I've had a really successful week with US sales. Thank God all of them are tracked!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

i should have clarified, i am in canada shipping normally with canada post which turns into USPS once hitting the border

since there  are so many issues going on with USPS right now, and some of my parcels looking "lost", i have switched to netparcel and using UPS for my american customers. thus far the difference has been night and day and even in some cases cheaper than shipping with canada post. southern california in particular has been a black hole for months now. 

just a head's up for anyone struggling with canada post and USPS issues right now. might be worth the switch considering price wise it's comparable. i haven't had any issues with UPS brokerage fees or anything like that when shipping to US. 

i think my level of frustration with canada post not functioning for years now has reached a breaking point. alongside the ridiculously high shipping rates, i'm glad we as sellers have another option through paypal (netparcel). seems like canada doesn't like competition but i'm thankful for the options

ps - i still use canada post within canada. i only use netparcel for my US and overseas customers now.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I shipped a t-shirt to California Aug 6th, it arrived in Chicago Aug the 8th where it sat until Sept 17th and finally delivered on the 19th.

Anyone else had this long of a delay?

Leary of posting new items.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply