Unable to setup automatic shipping calculator...Help!!

Can someone please shed a light?? I didn't want to hijac another thread

I've spent 2 days trying to figure out how to setup the shipping calculator to ship to Canada & USA.

Here is my listing 271831759003

Get this from DOT.com , Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code

Get this from DOT.ca , Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code

When I go into the shipping calculator from DOT.ca (selected Parcel)

it lists Canada post rates, I tried selecting 1-3 boxes then confirmed

tried the same in DOT.com ...selected USPS parcel and UPS parcel boxes

it also lists rates but I cannot seem to get any calculations from my listing

can anyone help me out?

thank you very much

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you list on eBay.com or eBay.ca?

If you listed on eBay.com (USA) and you ship from Canada, you cannot use the shipping calculator. 

The Canada Post shipping calculator only works if you list on eBay.ca

PS - If you ship from Canada, do NOT specify shipping USPS, unless you do.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi, 

Did you list on eBay.com or eBay.ca?

I logged in Ebay.ca but then got redirected to .com for some reason and that's where I listed it from.

I actually use both .com and .ca

Do I have any options at this time? 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

"Do I have any options at this time? "

1 - You could offer a fixed shipping charge'  One to Canada and one to the USA.

2 - Or increase the price by your estimate of the shipping charge and offer "free shipping"

3 - or end the listing on eBay.com and start a new identical listing on eBay.ca.  If you do, make sure you enter your dimensions and weight in metric.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You have shipping prices on everything now except for the synthesizer. You might want to put that on .ca so that you can use the calculator as the cost to shipping that could really vary depending on where it is being shipped to.

A suggestion - Many buyers do not look at the description area and some don't even look carefully at the title so it is really important to have only what you are selling in the picture.  You have a picture of multiple packages of Octenol but the listing is just for one packet. That picture is going to cause you some problems. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I listed those other products with a guesstimate price and I lost money on some as the price was more than estimated.

but everytime I go to ebay.ca and asked to enter my password, I'm redirected to ebay.com

and this is why its listed on ebay.com, I don't understand but maybe its because I originally registered on ebay.com ??

I could not figure out why the shipping calculator wasn't working so just listed that way.

you're right, I was already asked about the multiple packets of octenol and had to edit to say "only one packet"

but I will change the picture.

I'm thinking I can re-list without paying the listing fees?? as this shipping calculation is a headache!!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

"asked to enter my password, I'm redirected to ebay.com"

That somehow does not make sense unless you are using the "sell similar" or "relist" functions on an item listed on eBay.com

In any case, once "redirected" to eBay.com, simply change the URL in the address box to .ca instead of .com,  That should bring you back to eBay.ca

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

As weird as it sounds, I just logged onto ebay.ca to change the Octenol picture, and it redirected me to ebay.com

I have 3 computers in the house and this happens on all of them. Is it a setting in my account??

I will try your suggestion and see what happens.. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

well I just tried revising a few items, and everytime it send me to ebay.com to log in, I changed the url but this let me log in ebay.ca and again when I revise another item it re-sends me to ebay.com ??

this is why I ended up listing in ebay.com and having these issues

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

" it redirected me to ebay.com"

As stated earlier, that is most likely because you are trying to revise a listing on .com or using a function relevant to a eBay.com listing.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

So this re-direction issue is due to the fact that all my listings are on ebay.com, and can't revise from ebay.ca ...maybe ..??

Tonight I will cancel one listing and re-list it on ebay.ca from my workplace computer to see if this solves my issue, if it does, I will re-list all my auctions.

will update this later tonight

thank you

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

"from my workplace computer"

The computer you use should not make a difference.

" I will re-list all my auctions."

Once again, that will NOT work if your auction listings were on eBay.com.  It is NOT possible to simply relist and change the site.

You need to start from scratch on eBay.ca and "copy and paste" the information (except for shipping) from the .com listing into a .ca listing.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That was my point, it has nothing to do with my 3 computers.

I meant to say that I will end a listing from ebay.com and list it on ebay.ca, and if this works I start from scratch on ebay.ca for all my other listings.

Its strange that for as long as I remember it has always worked that way, mind you most of the transactions were purchases.

keep you posted

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Well I ended a listing on ebay.com and listed it on ebay.ca, scheduled it for next week and got to see that the shipping calculator was working fine for Canada and USA. Sheesh...Now the task or starting all over...(~sigh~)

now I know the differences between the two

thanks a bunch

Message 14 of 14
latest reply