Forum Posts

why can we no longer look into our bidders history?

hey all, haven't been on the discussion boards for a long time. Just curious as to when this change happened?I can no longer do a an advance search on a bidder's past history? nor can I see what items they have received feedback for anymore.when did ...

tip to avoid echeck refund

I received my first resolution center issue yesterday - a buyer in mexico says he didn't receive his item and wants a refund. After two months if it hasn't arrived (even to Mexico) I would without question refund immediately, so I'm kind of ticked of...

International rectriction on my listing

I'm on Ebay canada,and when I list a Hotwheel to be sold to Canada and the US,its not listed properly.So then when I want to see my auction,I'm not able to, and I get a red rectangle with an alert saying: Unfortunately, access to this particular item...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

CANADA POST WEBSITE DOWN

So there I was trying to find a HS Code for an international postage label and this is what I got.... Were we warned about this? How long is it supposed to last?? It says "extended" outage on twitter. I guess we wait. No ETA.

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 1.44.29 PM.jpg
  • 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback- Sellers

Why do sellers not leave feedback when I purchase the item and pay in full. As a buyer, I refuse to leave feedback unless the seller has already done their part. And yea, I swear 2 out of 3 times I buy, feedback is never exchanged.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Non paying biddders

Hey guys! Lately I've had around 2-5 listings were buyers are bidding on my items and then requesting me to cancel their bid or they win the auction and then tell me they aren't paying for it. I know this thread was probably made so many times and ha...

Why ya just can't win

I have not bought anything for a while, however I bought a radio a week or so again and It came in today. I left positive feedback. Then I looked at the item in My eBay On the right hand side instead of a button that says: "View Transaction" It says:...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping from Canada to the US

Hi all. I find that shipping costs from Canada to the US are high. What is the best way to list my items so that I don't scare off US buyers?Thank you for your answers ! Glen (Mr55er)

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Packages get stuck in ISC San Francisco for days?

Has anyone else recently had issues with packages getting stuck in ISC San Francisco for days? A few packages have made it out, (magically getting 6-7 days of tracking data in a burst at the end) but most haven't, leading to a bunch of unhappy buyers...

lost package in mail, 16 defects as a result, how best to protect myself, and possible repercussions

OK, contrary to a lot of comments, a package has been lost in the mail with 16 items in it. Fortunately I was smart enough to insure it so will not be out any money when I refund the buyer. My concern is the defects. If I refund and I read correctly,...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Check totals when relisting multi variation listings

I had a listing with 1 each of 3 different ring sizes and one size sold this month. I relisted it this morning and the ring that had already been sold was showing as available again. The same thing happened on another similiar listing. I did use reli...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

overcoming problem of international shipping costs

Seems like I must face up to a real problem. I sell vinyl records . By experimenting with Worldwide shipping or only Canada/US, I have learned that buyers of these records are without doubt, mainly International. LEAST expensive UNTRACKED airmail sma...

Expedited Parcel rates available again from Canada Post

I don't know if a rather peremptory email to the No 2 honcho at Canada Post did the trick or not but you can now determine the domestic Expedited Parcel rate on the new CP Find a Rate website the same way as in the past. You don't need to sign in to ...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller "Summary" page gone today

It seems eBay just can't stop monkeying around with the décor. Today, on logging in (the new login screen of course), I clicked on "Summary" in the place it's been for the last few years, under "My eBay", and -- no seller Summary page. I thought they...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are disclaimer letters valid?

I just noticed this disclaimer on an ebay listing from an experienced commercial seller: BUYERS FROM ITALY PLEASE NOTEBecause of a substantial loss of mail through The Italian Postal Service, we will ship only under the following condition : We must ...

500 free 5/7/10 days Auction listings (April 8-12)

Requires activation and invite only. NO RELIST (but sell similar will probably work) And lol I did get the e-mail, but when I click the "Activate" buttom it says it's invite only and I didn't qualify (lolwut), guess I'll have to try after 9pm PST to ...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Within Canada--Oi!!

Has anyone noticed how expensive it is to ship within Canada??? To send a regular package out west from Ontario is around $16... Can send the same package to the USA for 11.99.... for example. This has come up more than a few times now. How do other ...

How long does a case stay open?

I sold a craft kit to a new buyer (one with the random numbers and letters ID) in Feb. It was just to Toronto, 40 miles away. A couple of weeks ago she opened a case saying it hadn't arrived. She said that she is a Russian student at a Toronto Univer...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Two items purchased by the same buyer was given a shipping discount by eBay and not me.

I would have given this buyer a refund which I do for combined shipping after the item has been mailed. I would have done this again if not for coming across the discount on the U.S. order details site. I have not set my eBay up for shipping discount...

Resolved! Why do I have to put my postal code down if I charge a fixed cost price for shipping.

If I have a fixed shipping price or free shipping why should I have to put down postal code. I have been buying on EBay for many years and must have over a thousand satisfactory deals that I have purchased. I only have one sales record which was also...

Unable to setup automatic shipping calculator...Help!!

Can someone please shed a light?? I didn't want to hijac another thread I've spent 2 days trying to figure out how to setup the shipping calculator to ship to Canada & USA.Here is my listing 271831759003 Get this from DOT.com , Shipping cost cannot b...

Resellers doing Buyers remorse returns, Anyone Else?

I had a buyer (who is actually a reseller) buy one of my scarves. A few days later she bought another one. She emails me she wanted to return the first one. I am like fine, I do allow returns. The reason "it doesn't fit". Ok, whatever. She just got t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels