why can we no longer look into our bidders history?

hey all, 

haven't been on the discussion boards for a long time.

Just curious as to when this change happened?

I can no longer do a an advance search on a bidder's past history? nor can I see what items they have received feedback for anymore.

when did this happen? and why as a seller can I not look into my bidder's past transactions? 

I sell items in all kinds of different categories and sometimes when I am in uncharted waters I like to see what kind of items my bidders are buying and what kind of money they are paying  for it. (market research I guess)

just another tool that I liked to have at my disposal that ebay has taken way. just wondering why

cheers

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member
I would assume another tweak toward encouraging the most buyer friendly environment possible.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There was some sort of report in the U.S. about ebay and privacy issues because they allowed others to see what purchases buyers were making. That may have been one of the reasons why they stopped allowing it but that's just a guess on my part.

I miss being able to do that. It was also really helpful on the boards as we could see the transaction that the poster was referring to without having to ask for the item number.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I liked it to see if buyer's with low or zero feedback we're just screwing with my auctions. it helped avoid  problems down the road as I actually did use it to cancel bids a couple of times

It also helped me in making me feel better about selling a higher priced item, knowing that the bidder would have high end transactions that were completed with no problems.

another loss of a seller tool along with ability to leave Negative feedback for buyers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mytoysgottago wrote:

I liked it to see if buyer's with low or zero feedback we're just screwing with my auctions. it helped avoid  problems down the road as I actually did use it to cancel bids a couple of times

It also helped me in making me feel better about selling a higher priced item, knowing that the bidder would have high end transactions that were completed with no problems.

another loss of a seller tool along with ability to leave Negative feedback for buyers.

On the bid history page you can click on the user id and you will get statistics on their current activity. Just not the specifics of what they are bidding on.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@recped wrote:

On the bid history page you can click on the user id and you will get statistics on their current activity. Just not the specifics of what they are bidding on.

I could be wrong but I think that you can only do that if you are not signed in as the seller of that item. It doesn't make sense but I don't think that I could see that info on my own listing unless I used my other id or wasn't signed in at all.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply