Unsafe Content Warning on Ebay listings ....scaring customers away?

For the last little bit whenever I use Explorer or Edge  to look at Ebay listings I get the "unsafe content" warming in my address bar AS WELL the Written content of listings is redded out and completely unreadable.  The problem has been on the US boards ..i just resigned myself to use Firefox or Chrome (although some people were having the same issue with those browsers).    

In the past couple of days I've gotten 2 messages from possible customers telling me they are interested in an item, but can't read the description because it's redded it and says unsafe  and they aren't going to buy unless they can read the description.  This issue is scaring away potential  customers (rightfully so...if I went to a site and it flashed UNSAFE...i'd be leery as well) .  I realize by using another browser many customers will be able to see the content, but lets face it....a good number of people won't realize that.

So so frustrating knowing sales are being lost due to this.....

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After Microsoft updates, Explorer or Edge shows ebay listing as Unsafe almost on all browsers. If you will click on red cross "Potentially Unsafe Contest" there is an option to send Report or "Show unsafe content", reports is not working at least on my computers, but  use "Show" and original page will reappear.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Did it look or sound like this? http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2016/10/1475682176.html

What I see in that article is a graphic of a link to a Windows 10 driver update (I suppose a common warning message, since I found I had to update my drivers after installing W10).  Since it's not a security warning, I'm wondering if either eCommerce Bytes or the letter-writer uploaded the wrong link or if something has been changed in the article since it was first published?  

I have seen security warnings pop up on Edge.  It's not good.  EBay must surely know that Edge is included on every new W10 computer as a default browser (which Microsoft is heavily promoting), and that a lot of users either won't bother, don't know about, or don't care to use Chrome or Firefox.  Which still doesn't address the issue of the security "information" icon on Chrome, nor the worse warning to come on Chrome in 2017.  

This issue alone could explain the bizarre drop in sales many of us are experiencing, particularly at a time of year when sales are normally brisk.  Every year since I've been selling on eBay, September through November has been my busiest time, but so far this year it's been dismal. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply