Upgrading store temporarily

I find myself running out of free listings with my store (it is a basic store) and am considering upgrading it temporarily. Not sure if it is worthwhile with the additional fees or not but thought I would like to try it for Sept/Oct & Nov. I am thinking of the premium store which is $78.70/mo (assume plus GST).

Wondering if anyone else out there has done this or not and what some of the pitfalls might be if I do this to catch the Christmas season. If not worthwhile would switch back. Thoughts, suggestions??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think that is a smart way to try out the Premium store on a month to month basis. Then you are not locked into a yearly subscription. And if you find it isn't working for you, then you can switch back to the Basic store. I used to rely on promotions but they are so few & far between. I don't like paying the extra for a Premium store but nice to list up to 1000 fixed price items plus 500 auction style items.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@katlover1952 wrote:

I find myself running out of free listings with my store (it is a basic store) and am considering upgrading it temporarily. Not sure if it is worthwhile with the additional fees or not but thought I would like to try it for Sept/Oct & Nov. I am thinking of the premium store which is $78.70/mo (assume plus GST).

Difference between monthly basic and monthly premium stores is $50 (I can ignore taxes for this figuring).

Your basic store BIN listing is 20 cents after the free 250 are used.

$50 divided by 20 cents = 250 BIN listings

So if you can list more than 500 (250+250) BIN listings/month the Premium store extra cost is covered, and is your better choice. Less than that stay with basic.

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

You gotta sell 'em.

You can can list more, but will your profits increase enough to cover the additional cost of upgrading the store.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

mccrimm you are so right - you need to SELL them not just list them! And that is why I would like to try it for a couple of months to if you sell better with many more listings. Thanks!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Assume you get to list 500 auctions & 1000 BIN on both .ca & .com .

I opened my basic store because promotions had pretty much dried up. They are so few and far between now that you simply cannot rely on them anymore.

Of course as mccrimm so wisely pointed out  if you don't sell enough more to pay for the fees it is not worth it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply