Variations listings items order change

I have a few listings with variations. The items in them were all set up in a specific order placing them by year of production. Suddently a few days ago i noticed the order all changed. The ones at the bottom of the list are now the first ones when swapping pictures, the ones at the top and supposed to be the first ones, are now the last in pictures. It's reversed. I thought it was a temporary issue but it's been over a week and it's not fixed. I seen while shopping other listings being similar. 

Did they randomly reversed the order of variations by purpose (why!?) or it's a glitch?

Now i would need to re organize all my listings and waste my time. Without knowing if it's an issue and if they'll swap back to normal. eBay is really good to broke things working so i can't know if it's a change they did on purpose. 

Am i alone to experience that? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This may not be related but just in case I will mention it. I'm not sure about variation order per se, but for me I mostly do auctions and have always, always had my listings showing for me with item ending soonest at top and then down. A couple of weeks ago, randomly I saw my listings were all in a crazy, what looked like random order. They weren't just opposite (not most recent on bottom), I couldn't figure out what it was, it wasn't by date, wasn't alphabetical. I tried using the "Customize Table" section and even if I would say by date it didn't change. I could change it on my phone because it has "Sort by timing ending soonest" but computer version didn't. I know the day it happened my computer was lagging, running slow and I was getting frustrated and was repeatedly tapping (banging!) on my mouse. Some how tapping repeatedly on an area of the screen changed it for me (I know this happens with New York Times Wordle and games also where tapping makes images blow up larger or smaller even if I don't mean to). I eventually realized the order had changed and was showing from lowest price to highest (even though nowhere could I see where to change it). Because I figured it changed from my frustrated repeat tapping of finger on mouse I tried doing that under the price column and it worked! I'm too afraid to try again now that I have it back but thought I'd mention it because in my case repeat tapping caused a change (one never knows what causes glitches).

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

I have a few listings with variations. The items in them were all set up in a specific order placing them by year of production. Suddently a few days ago i noticed the order all changed. The ones at the bottom of the list are now the first ones when swapping pictures, the ones at the top and supposed to be the first ones, are now the last in pictures. It's reversed. I thought it was a temporary issue but it's been over a week and it's not fixed. I seen while shopping other listings being similar. 

Did they randomly reversed the order of variations by purpose (why!?) or it's a glitch?

Now i would need to re organize all my listings and waste my time. Without knowing if it's an issue and if they'll swap back to normal. eBay is really good to broke things working so i can't know if it's a change they did on purpose. 

Am i alone to experience that? 

@rocketscollectibles 

@msau4301 

From Sellers Hub the majority (not all) can be clicked on and sorted basically high to low...low to high, by date, alphabetical. With/without photos used to work. Now that 1 is non sortable. (I've sorted in the past to confirm photos were all working with listings. Now the only way to check is scroll.)  Promoted Listings...same situation.  Sometimes they will stick. Other times on your return they will be back to how they were before you changed them.  Not super helpful but what we have. (Note. This is with PC version of Sellers Hub)

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My scroll was locked which is why I started to tap (like a crazy person) on my mouse and somehow inadvertently changed everything around. Mine has been back to normal, to what I assumed was the default since I had never tried to change it before. In my case I changed it by mistake with multiple tapping.

This was in Sellers Hub also, for me on Mac with Safari, not sure if different systems do things differently.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I guess i was not clear. 

When you make your listing, into variations. You can select the order your items will appear in your listing for buyers.

Here: https://imgur.com/a/L100Z6J

Then on the listing when a buyer click: https://imgur.com/a/iOZr3d4

This order will be respected in your photos too. The first item at the top will be the first item, the bottom item will be the last. When a buyer swap to right from your main picture, the order is followed, first to last item. 

Now, the bottom item is the first picture. The top item is the last. The order got randomly reversed. The first item of the list is supposed to be the first item shown in photos. Always been like this and it's just the logic. Now it's the opposite. 

Hope it's more clear. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure if my weird  extra tapping situation had been similar but apparently not.

I'm not familiar with the variations but am sure others here are familiar with that.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply